Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #1,261 of 7,711
Seriously!?

Can you two either get a room or start a new thread "____________________" (fill in your own title)

It's just a piece of metal with wires and the like. Try and keep it all in perspective man!

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #1,264 of 7,711
Thanks. Do you mean Ak100 sounds better on your 335? I used to own Ak100 and sold it because i felt there was not enough power...

No I did not mean that the AK100 sounded better than my 335s. Sorry for the confusion. I know from my research that the AK100 had problems and many people like yourself sold it. I heard the newest iteration of the AK100 is much better though. And of course the 120 is as well.

But I digress as this thread is about Sony.

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #1,265 of 7,711
No I did not mean that the AK100 sounded better than my 335s. Sorry for the confusion. I know from my research that the AK100 had problems and many people like yourself sold it. I heard the newest iteration of the AK100 is much better though. And of course the 120 is as well.

But I digress as this thread is about Sony.

Oh...maybe i've misread your message...i went to tokyo last week and it seems zx1 was not displayed for demo...anyway, will wait for more review

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #1,266 of 7,711
Oh...maybe i've misread your message...i went to tokyo last week and it seems zx1 was not displayed for demo...anyway, will wait for more review
Huh? Where did you go to to look for it? I don't think the Sony Ginza store would have taken it off the shelf. There's a second on the to floor next to the sales counter.

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #1,267 of 7,711
Satouchi case was mentioned a couple of days ago but no pic, yet, as far as I've noticed (forgive me if I missed it), so:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsatouchi.com%2Fsonypro%2Fwalkman%2Fnw-zx1-case.html

It looks beautifully-made, but maybe not so practical, since it appears the DAP has to be removed in order to use the touchscreen (I'd like to see a flip-cover), and even the buttons do not appear to be accessible, from what I can tell from the pictures on their website.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #1,268 of 7,711
Huh? Where did you go to to look for it? I don't think the Sony Ginza store would have taken it off the shelf. There's a second on the to floor next to the sales counter.

I just went to Bic Camera in Shinjuku due to my laziness...I saw the shelf but it was empty... Also, went to the usual places fujiya and e-earphone but there r always many things to distract me...

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #1,270 of 7,711
I just went to Bic Camera in Shinjuku due to my laziness...I saw the shelf but it was empty... Also, went to the usual places fujiya and e-earphone but there r always many things to distract me...

I think the only place to see the NW-ZX1 is in the Sony Ginza Showroom. They won't be released in the retail stores till it's actually released by Sony themselves.

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,271 of 7,711

I think the only place to see the NW-ZX1 is in the Sony Ginza Showroom. They won't be released in the retail stores till it's actually released by Sony themselves.

It's so close now, it's really something of a moot point, anyway - it'll be here before you know it !
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #1,272 of 7,711
I tested it out a few weeks back and was not all that impressed actually. It's like having another iPhone or android. Sound wise it didn't blow me away. I would rather spend my money on an AK which is aesthetically a much better design and overall sound quality is better IMHO.

That's subjective. I find the Sony, at least in photos, to be much sexier. And those volume buttons won't accidentally twist when the device is in my pocket. :wink:

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #1,275 of 7,711
I have not placed my order as of yet.  Will likely wait a little bit as I'm not hurting in terms of gear.  Went and bought a DIYStax T2 instead..so fund is low currently.  Will wait for impressions & reviews 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back