Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Nov 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #992 of 7,711
  http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html#toc_1ch

Not really... I don't say that HD formats bring new hearing experiences, however they are limited at best. The reason because I'm acquiring a NWZ F886... is for better hardware compared to my S545.

As AnakChan already mentioned, this discussion shouldn't derail the thread so I am not gonna continue but I have to admit, it was a good read that the link you sent, therefore I must thank you for providing it
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #994 of 7,711
  Is the SQ on the zx1 and f880 better than the z1070? Has anybody compared the three devices?

Quote:
  can somebody please give an answer to my question please. thanks.

If you want a reliable answer, regarding the NW-ZX1, rather than a very brief impression, then you are going to have to wait until someone manages to get a proper review sample or purchased unit. I'm sure you realise the NW-ZX1 hasn't been released yet.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #995 of 7,711

If you want a reliable answer, regarding the NW-ZX1, rather than a very brief impression, then you are going to have to wait until someone manages to get a proper review sample or purchased unit. I'm sure you realise the NW-ZX1 hasn't been released yet.

+1. And most of us regular consumers in Tokyo even don't get much time not to mention that we're limited to whatever demo tracks Sony puts on their players in the listening stations.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #996 of 7,711
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows if the sony xba 3 pairs well with the Walkman f880

I've found the xba 3 to be very picky with sources. The xba 3 loves my iPod touch 5 but not my arrow 4g amp

Also do you think it would even be a huge improvement in sq if I switched from itouch5 to f880? I'm using 256 AAC iTunes bought music and the xba 3 I mentioned above

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #997 of 7,711
Anakchan have you heard the f880?
I remember reading somewhere that f880 < ak100 < zx-1 < ak100 mk2

Wonder if that makes rwak100 better than zx-1..

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #998 of 7,711
Anakchan have you heard the f880?
I remember reading somewhere that f880 < ak100 < zx-1 < ak100 mk2

Wonder if that makes rwak100 better than zx-1..

I have but I'm going to be honest I've not paid enough attention to the F880 series much so I actually can't remember how they sound. About the ZX1, from what I heard a month back, I liked it quite a bit and placed my order. As I mentioned (many posts ago) that it's given me thought if I even want to keep my AK120 (or send it off to be modded to be a DAC for a transportable) and have the ZX1 as the new portable.

At least for what I've heard, I feel reasonably confident that the soundstage is wider than the AK120 (and possibly even the HM-901) but am uncertain about the resolution and the finesse in the presentation.  Since I'm already questioning about the ZX1 vs the AK120, I've felt less compelled to compare it against the AK100Mk2 - not to mention I don't have one; seeing it's redundant as I have the AK120.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #999 of 7,711
I have but I'm going to be honest I've not paid enough attention to the F880 series much so I actually can't remember how they sound. About the ZX1, from what I heard a month back, I liked it quite a bit and placed my order. As I mentioned (many posts ago) that it's given me thought if I even want to keep my AK120 (or send it off to be modded to be a DAC for a transportable) and have the ZX1 as the new portable.

At least for what I've heard, I feel reasonably confident that the soundstage is wider than the AK120 (and possibly even the HM-901) but am uncertain about the resolution and the finesse in the presentation.  Since I'm already questioning about the ZX1 vs the AK120, I've felt less compelled to compare it against the AK100Mk2 - not to mention I don't have one; seeing it's redundant as I have the AK120.

Wow, thats a big kick in their(ak&hifi) ass seeing the price is almost 2x cheaper than their totl and almost same price with the AK100... though I do prefer AK's aesthetics more..
Looks like I'll be waiting for a good stand off review btw Calyx M vs ZX1 now..

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1,000 of 7,711
Wow, thats a big kick in their(ak&hifi) ass seeing the price is almost 2x cheaper than their totl and almost same price with the AK100... though I do prefer AK's aesthetics more..
Looks like I'll be waiting for a good stand off review btw Calyx M vs ZX1 now..

Bear in mind that the findings are not holistic nor conclusive. There's only so much one can test in 5 min sessions with tracks that aren't my choice. I've only mentioned soundstage but there are many other aspects that needs more attention and focus to properly evaluate the ZX1. What I am saying is the ZX1 isn't that easily dismissible.

What I can say was that something (and I do believe it's the soundstage) that's grabbed my attention that's making me consider for it to replace my AK120 as a portable. But bear in mind that even if the ZX1 doesn't satisfy fully, I have the HM-901 as a backup.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #1,001 of 7,711
Bear in mind that the findings are not holistic nor conclusive. There's only so much one can test in 5 min sessions with tracks that aren't my choice. I've only mentioned soundstage but there are many other aspects that needs more attention and focus to properly evaluate the ZX1. What I am saying is the ZX1 isn't that easily dismissible.

What I can say was that something (and I do believe it's the soundstage) that's grabbed my attention that's making me consider for it to replace my AK120 as a portable. But bear in mind that even if the ZX1 doesn't satisfy fully, I have the HM-901 as a backup.

True. Hope to hear a throughout review once you received yours :)

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,003 of 7,711
  Anakchan, why would you consider replacing the AK120 with the zx1?

Also, does the HD901 have SQ that is significantly better than the AK120, and zx1?

What I can say was that something (and I do believe it's the soundstage) that's grabbed my attention that's making me consider for it to replace my AK120 as a portable.

:)

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,004 of 7,711
so you are willing to sacrifice the AK120, purely on the basis of soundstage alone? You are not gonna take into account the fact that the SQ of the AK is better plus its ability to hold 2 micro SD cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back