Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jul 8, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #5,926 of 7,711
  too big,I'm not going to walk down the street with such a sandwich like crazy! need something smaller size, look towards E12, what would you say?

Get the Pico Power man....a tad smaller.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #5,929 of 7,711
  ^ it is not applicable in my case because the touch screen doesn't even respond so I won't be able to do the firmware update :frowning2:

Have you let the battery drain completely?

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #5,930 of 7,711
  ^ it is not applicable in my case because the touch screen doesn't even respond so I won't be able to do the firmware update :frowning2:

You don't need the screen to respond to update, just turn off the device (if you can't do so, turn it off draining the battery) and USB-connect it to the PC, then go to the Sony website of your country (if your ZX1 is the Japanese one, you'll have to go to the Japanese Sony website) and do the update from the PC.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #5,931 of 7,711
Ladies and Glentleman, let me present you my sophisticated audio setup, revaling easily that of the ZX1 whilst delivering far more functions:

Yes... you can plugin SDs, yes... the amplifier works with everything except calls, yes... you can still do the bluetooth hack using the SBH-52 headset... PLUS! actually receiving the calls in that headset when one is present.

This, plus the XBA-H3... it's perhaps one of the best experiences that I ever had in audio (not to mention, I don't have to worry about space since I can slap in my SD card!)

Oh... and remember, root avalable and 3300 ma battery :), have I mentioned that you can also play games in it? and listen to its audio through the amplifiers... GLORIOUS.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #5,933 of 7,711

Sorry if it's not immediately obvious from the pictures, but what is the setup actually composed of?

thanks!

It's on my sig :wink:, but basically, the Xperia Z2, PHA-2 portable amplifier, SBH-52 bluetooth headset, XBA-H3 balanced armature headphones.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #5,935 of 7,711
Have you let the battery drain completely?

Yes

You don't need the screen to respond to update, just turn off the device (if you can't do so, turn it off draining the battery) and USB-connect it to the PC, then go to the Sony website of your country (if your ZX1 is the Japanese one, you'll have to go to the Japanese Sony website) and do the update from the PC.

Will try this now

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #5,937 of 7,711

already did the software update via Mac software update tool downloaded from Sony. it says failed to update system.
the touch screen still doesn't respond :frowning2:

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #5,939 of 7,711

already did the software update via Mac software update tool downloaded from Sony. it says failed to update system.
the touch screen still doesn't respond :frowning2:

The device has to recognize being connected to your PC to be updated, and so has the PC. Had you ever firmware updated the ZX1 from your PC before?
Anyway I can't vouch for this method will work with your screen trouble, I hadn't heard of it before.
Have you contacted and asked the Sony warranty service about this problem?

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #5,940 of 7,711
The device has to recognize being connected to your PC to be updated, and so has the PC. Had you ever firmware updated the ZX1 from your PC before?
Anyway I can't vouch for this method will work with your screen trouble, I hadn't heard of it before.
Have you contacted and asked the Sony warranty service about this problem?

Have done the firmware update via Mac.
Still nothing happened. I will contact sony some other time, good thing there's ak240 but really sad for zx1
Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back