Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jul 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #5,956 of 7,711
Out of the box, it won't do DSD. I have the 1TB unit I bought a couple months ago. You might be able to do it with Twonky, as already suggested. If you dare to try it, let us know your findings. I'm perfectly happy with hi-res FLACs.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

I'm not getting Twonked! Thanks anyway.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #5,957 of 7,711

This could be very interesting indeed.  Something between the current f series and the nwz zx1 could be very welcome indeed.  Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first time (if it happens) that aside from the stupidly expensive zx1 sony have released a 64 gig model in europe?

OP, it might be worth creating a new thread so this one doesn't get de-railed!

Sony did this a few times. After the X series (i.e. x1050/60), we got the A846/7. After the Z1060/70 came the F805/807. The move back to something even smaller than the F like the A series (by the mock ups, this appears similar in terms of sizing) is interesting to note. The 'flagship' products (X, Z, ZX1) seem to be every few years more as a statement piece, and then stuff trickles down. The microSD isn't interesting to me, but certainly shows Sony can be taught. The A series is usually the Sony OS Walkman (like the S series).

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #5,958 of 7,711
  Sony did this a few times. After the X series (i.e. x1050/60), we got the A846/7. After the Z1060/70 came the F805/807. The move back to something even smaller than the F like the A series (by the mock ups, this appears similar in terms of sizing) is interesting to note. The 'flagship' products (X, Z, ZX1) seem to be every few years more as a statement piece, and then stuff trickles down. The microSD isn't interesting to me, but certainly shows Sony can be taught. The A series is usually the Sony OS Walkman (like the S series).

Please add the A867 to that list.  It is both available in Japan & Europe.  The European model was inferior sounding with lower volume output next to the Japanese & USA version in a direct comparison.  After the comparo, I told myself to never buy any Sony models from Europe ever again given the reasons above.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #5,961 of 7,711
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #5,962 of 7,711
Does that mean if I get that Sony cable I can connect a portable HDD and the ZX1 will recognize it as part of the music library? I'm intrigued. Thanks.

No, it doesn't recognise my Sony usb stick as a drive using the WMC-NWH10 cable, unfortunately.

The Zx1 does nothing when its plugged in.

Jul 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #5,963 of 7,711
  Please add the A867 to that list.  It is both available in Japan & Europe.  The European model was inferior sounding with lower volume output next to the Japanese & USA version in a direct comparison.  After the comparo, I told myself to never buy any Sony models from Europe ever again given the reasons above.

I skipped the A6x series personally :) I have enough Sony DAPs to last lifetimes.

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #5,967 of 7,711
Out of the box, it won't do DSD. I have the 1TB unit I bought a couple months ago. You might be able to do it with Twonky, as already suggested. If you dare to try it, let us know your findings. I'm perfectly happy with hi-res FLACs.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Hi,

Each time you use DLNA on the Sony to find the Seagate wireless HDD server does it scan the HDD again to determine how many albums, artists, etc? Mine does and that's very inconvenient.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #5,969 of 7,711
Hi seeteeyou,

Sorry to be a pain but could you elaborate on what you mean by using a telnet?

Thanks.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #5,970 of 7,711
Hi, as a new owner and not familiar with Android devices, can more experienced owners tell me what to do to improve battery life besides switching off wifi, Bluetooth, keeping screen time and brightness to a minimum, etc? I have skimmed through the thread but nearly 6000 posts is a lot to go through.

Specifically I'd like to delete Android apps I don't need (I do not intend to use this to do anything but listen to music, not even watch videos, so I'd like to delete as many apps as possible. I had also come across some references to not using the stock music widget. What does that mean and what do I use in its place then?

Finally, as in my earlier post, I'm still struggling to get this unit to stop re-scanning my DLNA HDD every time I switch it back on.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back