Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #5,911 of 7,711
as i remember, someone here once told me that JP-ZX1 actually support ATRAC files.. can someone who owns a non-JP ZX1 try some ATRAC Files at their device to see if it is supported as well?
if that's not supported ( i have seen the technical info of some of the non-JP ZX1, ATRAC file support is nowhere to be seen) i have the feeling that JP-version and non-JP version will be different once again... 

as expected from sony.. 
confused_face.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #5,912 of 7,711
so sad my zx1 touch screen suddenly stop responding to touch. i never dropped my zx1. last thing i did was trying to unlock it from the lockscreen and suddenly the slider didnt follow the swipe and never responded again. has anyone experienced this?
i tried putting it on a moisturizer and nothing happened. everything else is working except for the touch

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #5,915 of 7,711
Have you tried the reset button? It's on the back of the device just next to the serial number.... You'll need a small-tipped pen or something to press it.

I am not sure if this will remove your apps and music though so proceed worth caution.

Good luck.

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #5,916 of 7,711
i can't even turn it off because the screen won't respond to touch so I just drained the battery but still the same issue..

The side power button, hold it down and it should reset. This will not be a factory reset, just a soft reset. If not, try what the the next guy says with the reset button.

Have you tried the reset button? It's on the back of the device just next to the serial number.... You'll need a small-tipped pen or something to press it.

I am not sure if this will remove your apps and music though so proceed worth caution.

Good luck.

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #5,917 of 7,711
how do you think what kind of amplifier is worth listening to this player?

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #5,919 of 7,711

I'm using the Sony PHA-2 DAC/AMP with the ZX-1. So far so good.

What I am curious about is whether the PHA2, with its DSD capabilities, will allow the the ZX1 to stream DSD files bit perfect?

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #5,920 of 7,711

Good luck.

The side power button, hold it down and it should reset. This will not be a factory reset, just a soft reset. If not, try what the the next guy says with the reset button.

@Spadge and warrior1975

yes. I have tried side button reset and even the hard reset. still the same, touch screen not responding :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #5,922 of 7,711

I'm using the Sony PHA-2 DAC/AMP with the ZX-1. So far so good.

too big,I'm not going to walk down the street with such a sandwich like crazy! need something smaller size, look towards E12, what would you say?

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #5,923 of 7,711

@Spadge and warrior1975

yes. I have tried side button reset and even the hard reset. still the same, touch screen not responding :frowning2:

Have you tried a firmware update from the Sony website with the ZX1 USB-connected to the PC?. No matter that the firmware is already up to date. It's another way of reset. This method's been of use to me with troubles with other devices.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #5,925 of 7,711
  as i remember, someone here once told me that JP-ZX1 actually support ATRAC files.. can someone who owns a non-JP ZX1 try some ATRAC Files at their device to see if it is supported as well?
if that's not supported ( i have seen the technical info of some of the non-JP ZX1, ATRAC file support is nowhere to be seen) i have the feeling that JP-version and non-JP version will be different once again... 

as expected from sony.. 
confused_face.gif

My UK ZX1 doesn't recognise ATRAC files boo. Then again the majority of my files are FLACs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back