Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 28, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #4,546 of 7,711
I don't use my ZX1 with online steraming but so far I've not had any issues with battery life (after someone's suggestion on not logging into G+). Admittedly it's idle most of the time but as you can see the last charge was 4 days ago. I used it quite a bit yesterday & some today out of the 4 days so far.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #4,547 of 7,711
I will be using it offline for most of the time (with pinned music in Google Music) so will see how I go.

I have disabled all of the apps I don't use (most of them) and have only signed in to Google Music.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #4,548 of 7,711
I don't use my ZX1 with online steraming but so far I've not had any issues with battery life (after someone's suggestion on not logging into G+). Admittedly it's idle most of the time but as you can see the last charge was 4 days ago. I used it quite a bit yesterday & some today out of the 4 days so far.

For an Android device, that's impressive. I guess I'm used to radios (3g, LTE, Wifi) eating up battery during idle on Android devices. I really hope someone finds a root exploit. Would be cool to remove all non essential apps to maximize storage/memory performance 

I'm guessing the ZX1 can drive 50ohm headphones (Pro 900) to their full potential... right?
Being able to control my DAP from a smartwatch is essential to me. However, it would be nice to just have one device instead of a stack (iphone5 + T720 dac/amp) to do this. It looks like the ZX1 can indeed be controlled via smartwatch. With that in mind, it's a no brainer to me

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #4,549 of 7,711
Is there a difference between wifi-off and flight mode? I thought by shutting the wifi-off I closed the only connection this device has with the wold in general. But seeing the flight-mode symbol on AnkChans device made me think about this.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #4,550 of 7,711
  Is there a difference between wifi-off and flight mode? I thought by shutting the wifi-off I closed the only connection this device has with the wold in general. But seeing the flight-mode symbol on AnkChans device made me think about this.

I don't know if there's any code that'll go around probing for a non-existent radio but if there is, disabling it would probably help some processing and therefore some battery. If not, well does no harm.

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #4,554 of 7,711
@ Vect: I now have the SBH52 and it is great! For thous who want to reread Vects tip about this: it is post 114 in this threat. I have to play arount with this a bit but even without a lot of trying it works just fine. 

Ilkyway

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #4,555 of 7,711
Just received my ZX1 a couple of days ago. Was working fine, but this morning when I started it up, it won't go past the swirling coloured animation screen. it just keeps repeating that screen. I tried resetting, but still the same problem. Anyone else have this problem and know how to correct it?

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #4,556 of 7,711
  Just received my ZX1 a couple of days ago. Was working fine, but this morning when I started it up, it won't go past the swirling coloured animation screen. it just keeps repeating that screen. I tried resetting, but still the same problem. Anyone else have this problem and know how to correct it?

Not had that happen. But worse case, you need to get in to recovery mode. I'm sure there's a button combo to enter in to it, but I don't know what it is. Most typical is to hold volume up and power, but that didn't work for me. I would contact Sony support, tell them what's happening, and ask if they can provide the right button combo to get in to recovery mode. At that point you can do a factory reset. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back