Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #4,516 of 7,711
  quite surprised to read this , I have an Iphone5 and think it is the worst music player I have ever heard.
I was about to pull the trigger on the Sony and now read people are selling already? 
What's the problem with it?
Will it drive on ears like DT1350/ ES10 ok?

Some people are selling it. I, on the other hand, bought it when I saw that I could get it for $100 less than what they go for on eBay from Price Japan. So the plan was buy it, play with it, then sell it. But now I can't part with it. So I'm keeping it.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #4,518 of 7,711
PriceJapan has the same price others are selling it as used, or maybe $50 more. Not a big enough difference to buy used.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #4,519 of 7,711
  quite surprised to read this , I have an Iphone5 and think it is the worst music player I have ever heard.
I was about to pull the trigger on the Sony and now read people are selling already? 

it' not iPhone5, it's iPhone5 + PHA2. this combo sounds better than ZX1.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #4,520 of 7,711
So your using the PHA2 as a DAC? via Lightning connector?

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #4,521 of 7,711

It's just not the flavor of the month anymore. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not the "best" with all these new players coming out.

I do feel that after a certain threshold.. Most players "sound" the same (if i do a blind test, when i use my eyes, certain players sound better). Honesty what id like to see is better UI. Although the ZX1 is fine, it can still improve. Especially the stock app.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #4,522 of 7,711
I think the main attraction for me is that its a big well known brand and therefore should be great to use and problem free, plus proper local support if it goes wrong.
I am still waiting for the Linn or
Naim DAP !

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #4,523 of 7,711
It's just not the flavor of the month anymore. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not the "best" with all these new players coming out.

I do feel that after a certain threshold.. Most players "sound" the same (if i do a blind test, when i use my eyes, certain players sound better). Honesty what id like to see is better UI. Although the ZX1 is fine, it can still improve. Especially the stock app.

I'd be shocked if the "better" players are really any better, other than the fact that the ZX1 is underpowered. Which it is, sadly. But it's great if you're using sensitive headphones. While the overall experience of the ZX1 is great, I do have to agree that the stock "Music Player" app leaves a lot to be desired. 

I think the main attraction for me is that its a big well known brand and therefore should be great to use and problem free, plus proper local support if it goes wrong.
I am still waiting for the Linn or
Naim DAP !

It has been problem free for me. And if you like Android, you'll love it. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,524 of 7,711
I def am curious why everyone's selling at this time. If only you guys did this earlier, i could have gotten my ZX1 sooner :D

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #4,526 of 7,711
I'd love to snag a used one from the US/Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I mentioned above, for $50 more than the used price here on Head-fi, you can get a brand new one shipped to the States from PriceJapan.

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #4,527 of 7,711
Does music streaming from Spotify sound noticeably better out of the ZX-1 than it does out of the iPhone 5?

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,529 of 7,711

What app are you using? I've been using the Onkyo app on my iPhone.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #4,530 of 7,711
I def am curious why everyone's selling at this time. If only you guys did this earlier, i could have gotten my ZX1 sooner
biggrin.gif

There's always people buying and selling because of different needs and usage scenarios, it's just coincidence. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back