Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 19, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #4,276 of 7,711
Ah... Looks like its mac only... No matter, ill just drag and drop (copy paste) from itunes.

The Mac compatible program is call Content Transfer, but it's probably no better than drag & dropping.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #4,277 of 7,711
  Thanks, just ordered two from PriceJapan. Anyone kind enough to list down the available cases that have been mentioned in this thread? Anyone who has been in this thread to know the history...?

Lucky you , I have done my homework on this before

The fabulous , yet impractical (<-- click it)

Available in other colors , but I like the above most

TPU case available on amazon . also in grey, white and blue

General travel case not dedicated to ZX1

Another impractical

My favorites up till now , from Vannuys , available on amazon.co.jp . They hit the sweet spot between look, functionality and price , best of all I have seen .

With your smartphone

With DAC

And that one bag to rule them all ..

so much space for activities

Look all great for boys , not any where near for girls , unless you dig tomboy style . But I think this one might work

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #4,278 of 7,711
I'm still debating on whether to buy the ZX1 or wait for the Fiio X5 or Ibasso DX90.

My main concern is that the ZX1 I buy will be EU limited and whether or not it will be enough to drive both my AKG K3003I and more importantly my Ety ER4s. 

I've searched the thread but cant find much recent info.

Is anybody using an EU restricted ZX1 with the Ety's and if so are they useable without the need for an amp?

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #4,279 of 7,711
Another try on apps:

I am looking and testing a lot for an app that allows me to remind me of / alarm me even when the headphones are plugged in but not in my ears. (For example: the player leys on the table but I still want to "get" the reminder).

I have tried out a LOT. There are two typs: most of the apps do not send the alarm via speaker when headphones are plugged in (though I tested them all on my phone where this works just fine). One app allows for the setting: use speaker when plugged. This one plays the alarm via speaker YEA... BUT this one looses its punctuality on the ZX1. On my Note 2 it always starts on the set time. On the ZX1 it is allways late from 10 minutes to 2 hours. But everytime I start the player it plays the "forgotten" alarms.

Has anybody any thaughts on this? Why does it behave like this? Is there an app that combines speaker sound with punctuality?

I don't want to always have my phone with me but I do want to always have my DAP with me. Therefore it is the better device for holding my schedule.

Ilkyway

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #4,280 of 7,711
  I'm still debating on whether to buy the ZX1 or wait for the Fiio X5 or Ibasso DX90.

My main concern is that the ZX1 I buy will be EU limited and whether or not it will be enough to drive both my AKG K3003I and more importantly my Ety ER4s. 

I've searched the thread but cant find much recent info.

Is anybody using an EU restricted ZX1 with the Ety's and if so are they useable without the need for an amp?

I think if you were to share with us your a prioritised list of what you seek in your DAP it'll be easier to provide some of our thoughts.

e.g.
ZX1
+ Soundstage
+ closest to the "easy to use" iDevice experience without sacrificing sound
+ Reasonably detailed signature
+ light DAP. Easily fits into pocket and easy to access/intuitive buttons (with the right case)
- a little odd shape with the bump
- fixed 128GB memory
- proprietary WM-port for charging or line out
- typical amplifier for IEMs and easy-to-drive cans, but not for Orthos, etc.

X5
+ excellent value for money at $350
+ powerful amp
+ quite neutral signature
+ dual microSD
- UI not as intuitive as the ZX1 (but not as bad as some other DAPs)
- sound stage not as wide as the ZX1 (but admittedly still quite a good sound stage for its price)
- a little chunkier feeling than the ZX1

DX90
? Who knows ?

Although I've not tried the ZX1 with the K3003, I have tried the K3003 with other players and it never struck to me as being a demanding earphone. I don't think the ZX1 would have any issues driving those earphones.I have no experience with the ER4s unfortunately.

Would be interesting to see how the ZX1 handles Tzar 90/350 IEMs.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #4,281 of 7,711
@ McCol: 
I am using an EU ZX1 but I do not know what Ety's are. I have a the psb M4U2 as the only headphones worse mentioning here. They work fine. If there is anything I can test for you just tell me.
Ilkyway

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #4,283 of 7,711
I really like that case, but I've never been able to track one down to get it to the states. 

Looked it up, by clicking the link, and wow... I sure is pricy. Around $50 when converting korean won to usd.

Looks like ill be picking up the TPU case instead.

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #4,285 of 7,711
The case looks classy now doubt, but when you are willing to leav the corners unprotected, why bother with a case?
I have the TPU one in the post above. It is not that beatyfull but is much more functional.

Just my two cents
Ilkyway

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #4,286 of 7,711
Ordered the ZX1 from Sony UK today.  Don't know when it will arrive though.  Pre-order on site says around the 22nd but when I spoke to Sony they had no idea, could be then or a few weeks yet!  Had a 20% discount code which wiped a nice £110 0ff the price.

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #4,287 of 7,711
Can ZX1 drive ultrasone pro 900 flawlessly? They are comparable to DT770 pro 80 ohm in terms of power required for driving them properly. I keep reading that ZX1 is underpowered for most mid to high impedance full-sized cans

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #4,289 of 7,711
  Another try on apps:

I am looking and testing a lot for an app that allows me to remind me of / alarm me even when the headphones are plugged in but not in my ears. (For example: the player leys on the table but I still want to "get" the reminder).

I have tried out a LOT. There are two typs: most of the apps do not send the alarm via speaker when headphones are plugged in (though I tested them all on my phone where this works just fine). One app allows for the setting: use speaker when plugged. This one plays the alarm via speaker YEA... BUT this one looses its punctuality on the ZX1. On my Note 2 it always starts on the set time. On the ZX1 it is allways late from 10 minutes to 2 hours. But everytime I start the player it plays the "forgotten" alarms.

Has anybody any thaughts on this? Why does it behave like this? Is there an app that combines speaker sound with punctuality?

I don't want to always have my phone with me but I do want to always have my DAP with me. Therefore it is the better device for holding my schedule.

Ilkyway

Have you tried to use the SBH-52 from sony? that thing displays quite a lot of stuff thanks to its smart connect app, not only songs.

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #4,290 of 7,711
I am waiting for a better cable from DHC to avoid having 2 cables to connect the two. In terms of SQ the quality is incredible.

Mimo... can you get me a link to the cable please, I need one of those...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back