Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #391 of 7,711
Sugi pula Yazen.
So much talking about this Sony DAP...

People don't have anymore wife's,girlfriends, life to live?

Forget about it in 2014 another better will come and you will never be satisfied.

Life is good.... If so many would do sports as often as they listen to music life will be much better...

Sports, really?  How original.  Of course the world would be better if we were all running after a ball, puck, or even a throat..  Sigh

Cap de pula :p

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #392 of 7,711
  I think they will release a cheaper zx1 series in future with the same internal but plastic body when the ssd becomes a lot cheaper. It seems like sony is pushing the high rez market hard and I highly the will not release dap with higher memory simply because they are well aware on how much space each high rez album require. 

Oooh, I would be up for that.

I'm curious to see how the F880 will sound next to the ZX1, and how smooth the Android interface is. If I recall correctly, the Cowon Z2 runs on Android and it wasn't exactly the smoothest interface.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #393 of 7,711

I'm curious to see how the F880 will sound next to the ZX1, and how smooth the Android interface is. If I recall correctly, the Cowon Z2 runs on Android and it wasn't exactly the smoothest interface.

Jelly Bean has Project Butter which forces the UI to run off of the GPU. So, that's a steady 60 fps.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #394 of 7,711

The Z2 is under-powered hardware-wise and only runs Gingerbread. Anything newer will have more capable hardware and of course Jellybean and the aforementioned Project Butter benefits. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #395 of 7,711

Sony's been using Android for at least 3 years now on the Z and F. Not terribly hard to find one to play with.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #397 of 7,711
  I think they will release a cheaper zx1 series in future with the same internal but plastic body when the ssd becomes a lot cheaper. It seems like sony is pushing the high rez market hard and I highly the will not release dap with higher memory simply because they are well aware on how much space each high rez album require.

They have. It's called the F series. 128GB *may* trickle down to the F, but seeing as Sony updates their DAPs in the fall/winter (between September and December), it's going to be another year.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #398 of 7,711
  no headphone included.
btw its the price directly convert yen to us dollars
so im not sure if sony gonna sell this product in US
if not,thats +100or more dollars on ebay.

Price already discussed earlier. Look back.

xe.com is arguably the best site to use to see current conversion rates and calculate prices.

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #399 of 7,711

Sony's been using Android for at least 3 years now on the Z and F. Not terribly hard to find one to play with.

What are the main differences between the Z and F series? I thought they had an A series too for Audiophile or something like that. :S

The Z2 is under-powered hardware-wise and only runs Gingerbread. Anything newer will have more capable hardware and of course Jellybean and the aforementioned Project Butter benefits. 

Good point. I just read about Project Butter the other day. Cool [jelly] beans.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #400 of 7,711
  What are the main differences between the Z and F series? I thought they had an A series too for Audiophile or something like that. :S

Good point. I just read about Project Butter the other day. Cool [jelly] beans.

The A was to the X as the F is to the Z.

Size is different, slightly different internals (but nearly the same features), etc. The higher letter usually has slightly better sound quality (subjective, of course). The lower letters generally have better portability. That's one of the bigger tradeoffs.

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #403 of 7,711
Oct 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #405 of 7,711

When I have time to pop by the Ginza store later this week. It did interest me until I saw the size/weight :p.

If you can that will be great.  Given that your owned the DX100 in the past, I'm curious what you think.  Can you bring your F or Z as a reference?  Thanks in advance AnakChan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back