Sony NW-ZX300
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #7,201 of 12,862
Finally got my ZX-300A yesterday! :L3000:

Those who bought from Joybuy, are these made in China?

I ordered from Taobao and I see it's made in Malaysia. Languages are only English, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, so this is a local Chinese version. But I am wondering Chinese people hates "made in China" for their own domestic products?

Haven't noticed the restart boot loop yet! And yes, the USB DAC is 2-3 secs delayed to watch movies. But dosn't matter when listening to music from laptop.

They are made in Malaysia.
They have a factory in Malaysia Penang.
Most likely the software is made for China.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #7,202 of 12,862
I'm using the default IEM's given with my XBA-Z5... What exactly can i do ??? And i was using a 20$ earphone and i felt better bass.. What exactly i can do now ??? Buying balanced cable, Changing earphone ???? Need suggestion .. :)
Besides trying Comply tips, also try using the EQ. If you are not used to using an EQ, then you can try the adjusting the tonal settings, that's pretty easy. ZX-300's EQ is really good. I am driving a dynamic driver's tingly sound signature from the pure balanced armature based IEM - Andromeda by just adjusting the EQ and with the stock 3.5mm litz cable. Although I am getting a balanced cable soon, and will discover (any) difference.

And please, give some time to your ears to train it self with the BA sound signature. Most people who just jump from a $10 earphone to an expensive IEM ($100++), don't feel any difference, rather complain that the $10 one had more bass, more sound. But in time, you will feel that an expensive IEM gives you more clarity, more sharp and tight bass rather than bloating punches...

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #7,203 of 12,862
Besides trying Comply tips, also try using the EQ. If you are not used to using an EQ, then you can try the adjusting the tonal settings, that's pretty easy. ZX-300's EQ is really good. I am driving a dynamic driver's tingly sound signature from the pure balanced armature based IEM - Andromeda by just adjusting the EQ and with the stock 3.5mm litz cable. Although I am getting a balanced cable soon, and will discover (any) difference.

And please, give some time to your ears to train it self with the BA sound signature. Most people who just jump from a $10 earphone to an expensive IEM ($100++), don't feel any difference, rather complain that the $10 one had more bass, more sound. But in time, you will feel that an expensive IEM gives you more clarity, more sharp and tight bass rather than bloating punches...
Cool! What EQ settings are you using for andromeda?

Aug 7, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #7,204 of 12,862
Can anyone advise of a decent matt glass screen protector for the ZX300? I've looked around but can't find anything that I trust. If anyone has a good experience with one then can you let me know? Many thanks.

Aug 7, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #7,205 of 12,862
Amazon has a combo set, xlive, that he includes a clear or smoke colored semi rigid tpu case, glossy screen protector, and dust caps for 3.5/4.4 holes. It's not matte but it's a good fit and for 14.99 it's a steal. Case is thin and protects against lite knocks and stops it from getting scratches in my bag .Have not seen a matte but after getting glossy protector I like the gloss over the stock matte screen. Colors on album arwork is vibrant .it's a preference.
Hope that helped even though it's not exactly what your looking for.

Aug 7, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #7,206 of 12,862
ZX-300's EQ is really good.

Yes I agree, I also find it is excellent. I've gotten used to not using EQ because it was so lousy on the DX90, but on the zx300 its another matter. I can't hear any degradation going from "Direct source" to using the EQ at all, so the price of EQ'ing a bit is ZERO :gs1000smile:

Though a couple of more sliders would have been very nice....

Aug 7, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #7,207 of 12,862
Can anyone advise of a decent matt glass screen protector for the ZX300? I've looked around but can't find anything that I trust. If anyone has a good experience with one then can you let me know? Many thanks.

Not seen any matte ones, but I picked up these tempered glass ones from Amazon. Came in a pack of two. I would have preferred matte, but this does the job nicely imo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RFW1HG

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #7,208 of 12,862
Amazon has a combo set, xlive, that he includes a clear or smoke colored semi rigid tpu case, glossy screen protector, and dust caps for 3.5/4.4 holes. It's not matte but it's a good fit and for 14.99 it's a steal. Case is thin and protects against lite knocks and stops it from getting scratches in my bag .Have not seen a matte but after getting glossy protector I like the gloss over the stock matte screen. Colors on album arwork is vibrant .it's a preference.
Hope that helped even though it's not exactly what your looking for.

Not seen any matte ones, but I picked up these tempered glass ones from Amazon. Came in a pack of two. I would have preferred matte, but this does the job nicely imo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RFW1HG
Thanks both for your suggestions - I'll have a good look at them :)

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #7,209 of 12,862

You won't see a matte protector online cause it's too cheap to 'ship'. I got free from my supplier. But I also bought this tempered glass from AliExpress. Don't know about the quality yet because I will collect this on Friday and will let you know.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NW-...r-Sony-Walkman-NW-ZX300-with/32897546356.html

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #7,210 of 12,862
Cool! What EQ settings are you using for andromeda?

Depends on the song you are listening. Here is my one of my settings:
WP_20180807_21_00_57_Pro (Medium).jpg

You can save them in sound settings to save time.

Btw, does anyone know how to take a screenshot properly? Every time I try by volume up ( + ) > volume down ( - ) > power button > until pops the power message. But it always captures the message. Not the moment before the message. I accidentally did take some screens before the message but don't know how I did.
screenshot_20180807_205422348.png

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #7,211 of 12,862

Btw, does anyone know how to take a screenshot properly? Every time I try by volume up ( + ) > volume down ( - ) > power button > until pops the power message. But it always captures the message. Not the moment before the message. I accidentally did take some screens before the message but don't know how I did.
That’s and interesting EQ setting. It seems quite extreme but Andromeda is really good at taking EQ. I rarely EQ it. It I’ll probably start using the EQ more as I keep using them.

I wonder how it would sound to EQ Andromeda to the Harman Target. Has anyone done it?

When using the Sony EX1000 with the zx300, I do EQ it somewhat heavily.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #7,212 of 12,862
That’s and interesting EQ setting. It seems quite extreme but Andromeda is really good at taking EQ. I rarely EQ it. It I’ll probably start using the EQ more as I keep using them.

I wonder how it would sound to EQ Andromeda to the Harman Target. Has anyone done it?

When using the Sony EX1000 with the zx300, I do EQ it somewhat heavily.

Ya, ZX-300's EQ really brings a new life to IEMs. I tried both with RHA T20 and Andros. Both becomes incredible. Just Andro brings more sweet sharpness....

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #7,213 of 12,862

try turn the screen off and do the trick again, screenshot should be taken while the screen turn back on

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #7,214 of 12,862
Its tough to beat the ZX300 for an all in one device. I have the 1Z and prefer to take my ZX300 out and about.

Hi Purk, hope all is well with your good self… sold my ZX2 so I'm in the market for a new Walkman, any advice on the WM1Z/A v ZX300?... also saw in the other WM-thread that a new Walkman is on the way, any thoughts?

Aug 7, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #7,215 of 12,862

Buddy plz help me.. I don't know japanese language :frowning2: But my ZX300 is set tu only japanese language i think.. Can u plz give me the other settings ??? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back