1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480
482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491
Next

Last
  1. jonathane40
    Cool! What EQ settings are you using for andromeda?

2. Sarcasmo
    Can anyone advise of a decent matt glass screen protector for the ZX300? I've looked around but can't find anything that I trust. If anyone has a good experience with one then can you let me know? Many thanks.

3. Doctordoom16
    Amazon has a combo set, xlive, that he includes a clear or smoke colored semi rigid tpu case, glossy screen protector, and dust caps for 3.5/4.4 holes. It's not matte but it's a good fit and for 14.99 it's a steal. Case is thin and protects against lite knocks and stops it from getting scratches in my bag .Have not seen a matte but after getting glossy protector I like the gloss over the stock matte screen. Colors on album arwork is vibrant .it's a preference.
    Hope that helped even though it's not exactly what your looking for.

Sarcasmo likes this.
  4. knudsen
    Yes I agree, I also find it is excellent. I've gotten used to not using EQ because it was so lousy on the DX90, but on the zx300 its another matter. I can't hear any degradation going from "Direct source" to using the EQ at all, so the price of EQ'ing a bit is ZERO :gs1000smile:

Though a couple of more sliders would have been very nice....

5. Dizzle77
    Not seen any matte ones, but I picked up these tempered glass ones from Amazon. Came in a pack of two. I would have preferred matte, but this does the job nicely imo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078RFW1HG

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Sarcasmo likes this.
  6. Sarcasmo
    Thanks both for your suggestions - I'll have a good look at them :)

7. Erfan Elahi
    You won't see a matte protector online cause it's too cheap to 'ship'. I got free from my supplier. But I also bought this tempered glass from AliExpress. Don't know about the quality yet because I will collect this on Friday and will let you know.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NW-...r-Sony-Walkman-NW-ZX300-with/32897546356.html

8. Erfan Elahi
    Depends on the song you are listening. Here is my one of my settings:
    WP_20180807_21_00_57_Pro (Medium).jpg
    You can save them in sound settings to save time.

Btw, does anyone know how to take a screenshot properly? Every time I try by volume up ( + ) > volume down ( - ) > power button > until pops the power message. But it always captures the message. Not the moment before the message. I accidentally did take some screens before the message but don't know how I did. screenshot_20180807_205422348.png

9. jonathane40
    That’s and interesting EQ setting. It seems quite extreme but Andromeda is really good at taking EQ. I rarely EQ it. It I’ll probably start using the EQ more as I keep using them.

I wonder how it would sound to EQ Andromeda to the Harman Target. Has anyone done it?

When using the Sony EX1000 with the zx300, I do EQ it somewhat heavily.

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  10. Erfan Elahi

Ya, ZX-300's EQ really brings a new life to IEMs. I tried both with RHA T20 and Andros. Both becomes incredible. Just Andro brings more sweet sharpness....

11. PCheung
    try turn the screen off and do the trick again, screenshot should be taken while the screen turn back on

Erfan Elahi likes this.
  12. OK-Guy
    Hi Purk, hope all is well with your good self… sold my ZX2 so I'm in the market for a new Walkman, any advice on the WM1Z/A v ZX300?... also saw in the other WM-thread that a new Walkman is on the way, any thoughts?

13. shantohasibul
    Buddy plz help me.. I don't know japanese language :frowning2: But my ZX300 is set tu only japanese language i think.. Can u plz give me the other settings ??? :frowning2:

14. purk Contributor
    Hey,

I would go with the ZX300 and add a top flight portable amp to bring up the sound quality. The 1Z for instance is operating at Sony PHA-3 level which is superior to the ZX300 but it is hardly portable enough. The ZX300 has enough power and sound really good enough for a portable device. I even use mine with the HD800 balanced.

Erfan Elahi, kms108 and OK-Guy like this.
  15. Sarcasmo
    Thanks. I’d be very interested to see what you think of it once it’s arrived.

Erfan Elahi likes this.
First

Back
471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480
482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491
Next

Last