1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bizkid, Jul 11, 2017.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Next

Last
  1. goody
    Does yours happèn to be a Hong Kong model?

2. jeff6666p
    How can I tell? I bought mine on amazon.com it's said it was the 2018 model.

3. Drew2388
    I have that same one off amazon and is the second one. I gave the first one a shot but it had the same problem. No way I got any more than 8 hours out of it. I was past the return date but I emailed them and told them and they sent me a new one ( with newer update installed) and I sent the old one back.

4. goody
    i had the same problem on one i bought from hongkong it might be a firmware problem...i sold it and bought a uk version and re-flashed it to get rid of the volume limiter in might have been that particular unit i never had the problem with the new one

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  5. wildebassman
    Very interested in buying an NW45, few question though, how to re-flash it, does it need a headphone amp to drive 32 ohm DT770's?
    Is it even possible to use a headphone amp like the Fiio A3 with this dap?

Cheers,

Dennis.

6. goody
    if you go onto the rockbox site it will tell you how to flash it ....i have a DT770 80hm and it drives it adequately an amp will obviously give more power and improve the sound

7. wildebassman
    Interesting that it can juice DT770 80 ohm cans with only the low mW output, I like my music loud and think I have to use an amp but there's no line out...
    Will I be able to drive a fiio A3 from the headphone out?

8. goody
    u should be fine with that

9. wildebassman
    Thanks for your help, will order the Sony and fiio A3 today.

10. georgelai57
    Although with the Fiio Q1 Mk II, you can take a digital signal out of the Sony’s WM Port. Fiio makes a cable just for that.

11. chinerino
    Honestly 32 ohms dont need an amp....

12. Lurk650
    IDK why its so hard to figure out, does this have a 4.4 connection?

13. Dtuck90
    No. Only 3.5

14. Lurk650
    Realized that shortly after, was having a brain fart on the specs

15. lessblue
    I've been using a Sony NWZ-X1000 since it came out in 2009!
    Bought a used replacement after the first ones screen stopped working. The second NWZ-X1000 is still working.

Ive been looking for a compact mp3 player with a touchscreen interface with good sound quality for some time.

Just took the plunge and ordered a blue NW-A45! I'm in the US so I'm guessing the volume is already uncapped? It probably is still worth changing the region to Japan using the SonyNWDestTool in order to unlock the line out and create playlists on the device, yes?

llakssz likes this.
First

Back
61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Next

Last