Sony MDR7506 vs Bose vs Audio Technica ATHM40FS
Oct 19, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #16 of 17
Sony MDR7506 Headphones are dam fine headphone and the studio reference standard for recording and mixing ! You can get new ones for under 99 dollars and frankly are very true to the real recordings! Not bigger then Life the Grado PS 500s which I LOVE!! , but true to whats actually on the recording !  I urge you to check them out . Very comfortable also !!! 

Oct 20, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 17
  Sony MDR7506 Headphones are dam fine headphone and the studio reference standard for recording and mixing ! You can get new ones for under 99 dollars and frankly are very true to the real recordings! Not bigger then Life the Grado PS 500s which I LOVE!! , but true to whats actually on the recording !  I urge you to check them out . Very comfortable also !!! 

I just don't like that hard peak in the highs, it's great for analytical stuff though, but I find the Sony MDR7506 overtly brighter than the Sony MDRV6's. After all the MDRV6 and MDR7506 were made for "mixing/editing". Because of their "almost flat eq". But you can tell that sony tuned the drivers to be on the "bright side" (high end frequencies have strong emphasis) But overall sound quality is good despite them being on the bright side. I tend to find the MDR7506 a little too bright at least for me yet it gains high praise from everybody else. The Sony MDRV6's are just fine. But to each his own. I guess I am just too sensitive to high frequencies or something I tend to find them shrilly and sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back