Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Jul 21, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #1,337 of 4,748

Quote:

Happened to me yet again last night, and out of sheer frustration, I thought to myself, hmm, what would Chuck Norris do? So I smacked the E7 around lightly a few times, and it hasn't given me a hard time since!
wink.gif

LOL

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #1,338 of 4,748
Yeah I'm using the case to form the wires...maybe I wound up the phones differently last time that's why the wires were deformed or twisted differently.

Ok thanks, got it. They may have to stay a little longer in the case to adjust the wires.

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #1,339 of 4,748
Hmm, CutRateBazaar now has an estimated availability time for the EX1000 (Availability: 8/11/2011), and at $293.19 + shipping, it seems like a steal! Not to mention, at checkout, it states the following:

[size=x-small]All of our merchandise are brand new. We do not sell used, refurbished, or irregular items.[/size]

Considering that they've got but 3 ratings on Google, I may be willing to take the risk even still since they do offer PayPal checkout. Worst comes to worst, at the very least, I can always file a dispute/claim. I'll give them a call tomorrow however, just to see what's what.

Any brave souls willing to step forward?
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #1,341 of 4,748
Unfortunately my friend, according to their Shipping Info:

International Orders
Are not accepted at this time.

It may be a long shot, but if anyone overseas is willing to factor in the shipping costs from me to you, I don't mind being the middle man, assuming all goes well of course. If I have to, I suppose I'll be the guinea pig. 
redface.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #1,347 of 4,748
Did anyone else happen to see this deal? I've only noticed it now, when it's no longer in stock.

Did you read their description?

"Luxuriate in sumptuous sound while keeping vibrations at bay with these monitor earbuds' inventive magnesium housing.
Pop in the MDR-EX1000 monitor earbuds and let the world melt away. Scoff at unnecessary vibrations as the super slim magnesium housings make them a thing of the past while the rigid yet responsive liquid crystal polymer film diaphragms deliver nothing but sumptuous sound. Become addicted to their fully customized comfort when you pick the perfect silicone fitting from the seven included options."

Luxuriate??? :rolleyes:
Reads like a commercial for Calgon.

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #1,348 of 4,748
Too bad the magnesium housing in the EX700 didn't make unnecessary vibrations a thing of the past, then.

Just used them for about 5 hours sitting in a car, as usual, I feel a bit deaf right now.

I went away for the weekend and put Sony Hybrids on the EX700, because I didn't want the Shure Olives to fall off and disappear (they're a bit loose).

The Sony Hybrids have slightly less bass, a thinner presentation, and more emphasis on "shh" sounds, I haven't used them in a long time and I was surprised at the difference, they offer a tiny bit more [perceived] clarity I suppose, but I really find the decored Shure Olives offer a more enjoyable experience, I was just getting bored during most of the drive on the way there and back, the Sony Hybrids kinda remind me of the "Sony sound" I used to [positively] associate Sony earbuds with, thin, crisp, etc.

I'm wondering if the difference is similiar on the EX600/800/1000? Which one has the thickest nozzle again?

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #1,349 of 4,748
Quote:
Did you read their description?

"Luxuriate in sumptuous sound while keeping vibrations at bay with these monitor earbuds' inventive magnesium housing.
Pop in the MDR-EX1000 monitor earbuds and let the world melt away. Scoff at unnecessary vibrations as the super slim magnesium housings make them a thing of the past while the rigid yet responsive liquid crystal polymer film diaphragms deliver nothing but sumptuous sound. Become addicted to their fully customized comfort when you pick the perfect silicone fitting from the seven included options."

Luxuriate???
rolleyes.gif

Reads like a commercial for Calgon.

best. description. ever.
etysmile.gif

Jul 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #1,350 of 4,748
Having spent a few hours time with my reshelled JH16's for the first half of today (before I decided it best that they be sent back for a fit adjustment), I honestly can't say it's nearly 3 times as good as my EX1000. Sound familiar? It should, as the same holds true for the EX600 vs EX1000 IMHO. Due to an improper fit in the left ear, the JH16's sound was out of balance, and shifted ever so slightly towards the right. However, the difference between the two was insignificant enough for me to have a very good idea of what the JH16's offered. In a nutshell, I'm not even a quarter of the way ready to pass any final judgements, but even after a few hours spent, whenever I went back to the EX1000, it didn't at all feel like I had taken a step back or a step down, if you will. In fact, as I've mentioned earlier, of all the universals I've heard to date, the EX1000 reigns supreme to my ears, and even the JH16's didn't stir that notion.
wink.gif
 In other words, when I initially heard the EX1000, I knew I had stepped onto higher ground; and irrespective of the price difference, I can't say I feel the same with regards to the JH16's. Disclaimer: Hello, my name is i2, and this is just my opinion.
biggrin.gif

On the upper hand, I was able to pick up all the nuances with the JH16's, both good and bad, depending on the track of course. I'll give the JH16's one last go with the refit, after which I'll decide whether or not they're here to stay. Meanwhile, with the JH16's packaged, yet again, only to be shipped back to Kozee tomorrow, the EX1000's brought back all the enjoyment! I swear, they're as close to perfect as I'd wish for! If ever asked to critique the EX1000, I'd have but one answer. How're the highs you ask? Just right. What about the mids? Just right. Oh, and the bass? Let me guess... yep, just... right!
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back