Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
May 5, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3,106 of 4,748
Lately I have found an amazing cable maker in Japan, which has limited sourced of genuine EX-1000 plug. He recommend me to use silver cable based on the feedback his customer given him but he have not listened to ex-1000 so he does not know. I wanted to for once try the balance cable for the EX-1000, I initially asked for the Mogami 2526 based on various research I made. Basically I am scared if I go silver (ELEC 4N ) the highs which I am trying to tame will jut enhance more. 
Based on the feedback the cable maker got the 4N silver improves the extension but also the quality of bass is said to improve.

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

May 5, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #3,107 of 4,748
Lately I have found an amazing cable maker in Japan, which has limited sourced of genuine EX-1000 plug. He recommend me to use silver cable based on the feedback his customer given him but he have not listened to ex-1000 so he does not know. I wanted to for once try the balance cable for the EX-1000, I initially asked for the [COLOR=222222]Mogami 2526 based on various research I made. Basically I am scared if I go silver (ELEC 4N ) the highs which I am trying to tame will jut enhance more. 

Based on the feedback the cable maker got the 4N silver improves the extension but also the quality of bass is said to improve.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]Any input is greatly appreciated. [/COLOR]

Well I'm guessing you're trying to tame the peaks of the ex1000?

I was using a whiplash twau with them before and found that it boosts the treble in such a way that it sort of evens out. I have also tried various other high end silver / silver gold cables with the ex1000 but found that they boost the treble too much without taming the peaks

May 5, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #3,108 of 4,748
I tried them with the Tralucent Uber and not only the cable tames the treble but upgrades pretty much every aspect of the EX1000. It deepens the lower bass, tames the highs and extends height and depth of the soundstage. By the way I purchased a pair adapters from Rhapsodio audio in order to use them with any jh 2-pin cables.

May 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,110 of 4,748
Well I'm guessing you're trying to tame the peaks of the ex1000?

I was using a whiplash twau with them before and found that it boosts the treble in such a way that it sort of evens out. I have also tried various other high end silver / silver gold cables with the ex1000 but found that they boost the treble too much without taming the peaks

Hhmm so silver gold isnt the way to go.. Are there any links to cables we can get for ex1000? I can only find beat audio, but a little pricey so still thinking about it.. Any other options?

Btw, what is this 2-pin adaptor? Thanks!

May 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #3,111 of 4,748
  Lately I have found an amazing cable maker in Japan, which has limited sourced of genuine EX-1000 plug. He recommend me to use silver cable based on the feedback his customer given him but he have not listened to ex-1000 so he does not know. I wanted to for once try the balance cable for the EX-1000, I initially asked for the Mogami 2526 based on various research I made. Basically I am scared if I go silver (ELEC 4N ) the highs which I am trying to tame will jut enhance more. 
Based on the feedback the cable maker got the 4N silver improves the extension but also the quality of bass is said to improve.

Any input is greatly appreciated. 

Hook up a fellow ex1000 user...who lives in japan. What cable maker are you talking about?

May 8, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #3,112 of 4,748
Hook up a fellow ex1000 user...who lives in japan. What cable maker are you talking about?
I will share his information tonight. Ordering from him is tricky as he replies only in his native language, but he will happily accept orders in English,just got to use google translate.

The process is involved in the customer selecting the parts from his parts list and submitting to him. He will than tell you the cost.

Edit : here is his site
http://e4ua.jp/

Please note I haven't placed my order yet so I can't give you a fina feedback. He replies once a day, normally afternoon and don't respond to emails on weekends.

May 8, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #3,113 of 4,748
Hhmm so silver gold isnt the way to go.. Are there any links to cables we can get for ex1000? I can only find beat audio, but a little pricey so still thinking about it.. Any other options?

Btw, what is this 2-pin adaptor? Thanks!

It is basically the ex1000 connector and memory wire part of the exk cable that terminates in ciem sockets.

Sammy has a source for the exk stock cables the last i checked. Which would imply he could make ex1000 cables too.

So now it's beat audio and rhapsodio

May 10, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #3,115 of 4,748
hey guys, i'm seeing if any of you know a good source for the hybrid tips.  I'm looking for the ML size that comes with the ex1000.  

Looking on ebay and no luck.

Only the stock tips size large bring the best results to my ears. Tried some bought off eBay from seller in China and they couldn't match.

Too bad I can't get more of these stock tips in large size.

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #3,118 of 4,748
Ever since I got my balanced cable for ex1000 I honestly cannot let it down. I just cannot be bothered with my other gears. 

Make by this ingenious cable maker, just look at the craftmen ship. 

http://e4ua.jp/

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #3,120 of 4,748
Looking really nice. How much does the cable cost?

The cable can cost different prices. It is built based on my request. I use a balanced cable, two 4 N silver cable and 2 high purity copper for ground using a ex800 cable, I did not want an adapter, so the final cost was 350 AUD, it can get cheaper and alot more expensive. 

I cannot put my ex-1000. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back