Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Feb 11, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #4,591 of 4,748
I have had it couple times, at the time it feels pretty bright to my ears. I like the detailed sound but the fit is not so great for me, it creates pressure on the contact points on my ear with the driver housing which made my ear hurt after a while of use.

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #4,592 of 4,748
after over 3 weeks of listening to Ex1k + Wm1z on the latest firmware from Mr. Walkman, I can definitely say that the sound quality is phenomenal .
Here are my settings Ex1000 without filters + Spiral dot tips L + Wm1z - SE (3.5 mm jack) + Dmp-Wm1 FE (Plus) + region U + Dsee Al On + Dynamic normalizer On + Bass + 2, Middle 0, High -1 + the rest factory settings

Mar 9, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #4,593 of 4,748
Does anyone have any ideas how to crack open the EX1000 housing safely ?
Seconded! i'm watching out for a ex1000 set and will be removing the entire rear connector section and replacing it with a custom 3d printed/molded section to make it much smaller and with a 2 pin connector for wider compatibility with cables, and also to place that connector in a better place, hopefully! with the way they are shaped, I see huge potential for much better comfort. need to separate it to do this, and would probably look inside eitherway lol.

the ex800st has a pic of it taken apart a bit on here and it seems like that's held together in 2 main sections with a lip and a little gl;ue in the corner, but with the metal material of the ex1000st, it is less likely to be using glue I guess? it's still fairly likely that it's just a matter of prying though

I'm excited at the prospect of trying custom housing materials, like resin or wood and maybe making some artwork on the outsides (fight me purists haha) such as some japanese lacquerwork which I think would fit soo well

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #4,594 of 4,748
Seconded! i'm watching out for a ex1000 set and will be removing the entire rear connector section and replacing it with a custom 3d printed/molded section to make it much smaller and with a 2 pin connector for wider compatibility with cables, and also to place that connector in a better place, hopefully! with the way they are shaped, I see huge potential for much better comfort. need to separate it to do this, and would probably look inside eitherway lol.

the ex800st has a pic of it taken apart a bit on here and it seems like that's held together in 2 main sections with a lip and a little gl;ue in the corner, but with the metal material of the ex1000st, it is less likely to be using glue I guess? it's still fairly likely that it's just a matter of prying though

I'm excited at the prospect of trying custom housing materials, like resin or wood and maybe making some artwork on the outsides (fight me purists haha) such as some japanese lacquerwork which I think would fit soo well
Very interesting for me because I was also thinking of reshelling mine ex1000. Please share your results with us.

Mar 9, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #4,595 of 4,748
Very interesting for me because I was also thinking of reshelling mine ex1000. Please share your results with us.
Cool to see I'm not alone on that thought, though I should say that there's a chance I'll go for the ex800st's instead, as I'm looking for my primary audio companion which'll be used for various genres (mostly modern and bass centred) and also for vr. That'll be a lot easier to take apart than the ex1000s I reckon

Mar 12, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #4,596 of 4,748
Cool to see I'm not alone on that thought, though I should say that there's a chance I'll go for the ex800st's instead, as I'm looking for my primary audio companion which'll be used for various genres (mostly modern and bass centred) and also for vr. That'll be a lot easier to take apart than the ex1000s I reckon
I ordered an ex1000 set from e-earphone recently but it was declined today, do they ship overseas? When I saw the overseas option in the checkout, I had assumed they did but I guess not? Or is it a covid thing perhaps? Like, no used goods to be shipped overseas or something

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #4,597 of 4,748
I ordered an ex1000 set from e-earphone recently but it was declined today, do they ship overseas? When I saw the overseas option in the checkout, I had assumed they did but I guess not? Or is it a covid thing perhaps? Like, no used goods to be shipped overseas or something
It was my understanding that they don't ship to EU. I bought an EX1000 some 2 years ago from them and had it sent to a friend in Tokyo.

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #4,598 of 4,748
They don't ship out of Japan, I was going to purchase some headphone accessories, they only ship with in Japan and accept secondhand (buyback) with a official Japanese address.

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #4,599 of 4,748
Yeah, nevermind I was just an idiot, They just ship within japan, and I just discovered the postage transfer services that you're meant to use like buyee so I'm using that. Also, after reading around more, instead of buying that ex1000 again, I decided to go with the ex800st instead and mod around with it, as I got a much better deal on that

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #4,600 of 4,748
Yeah, nevermind I was just an idiot, They just ship within japan, and I just discovered the postage transfer services that you're meant to use like buyee so I'm using that. Also, after reading around more, instead of buying that ex1000 again, I decided to go with the ex800st instead and mod around with it, as I got a much better deal on that
Try amazon Japan or rakuten japan, no need to use a shipping company.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #4,603 of 4,748
I see, is amazon japan significantly faster/more secure than buyee/tenso? I tried looking up the shipping times and I couldn't find much info
You are protected by amazon, so if you dont like it you can just send it back and they refund you the entire order + shipping back costs.

They also ship with dhl express, so it only takes like 1 week to get it (from japan to sweden).

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #4,604 of 4,748
I see, is amazon japan significantly faster/more secure than buyee/tenso? I tried looking up the shipping times and I couldn't find much info
Safer,try to buy from sellers with actual pictures of the iem, sadly I bought not 1 but 2! Pairs of xb90ex and both were goners, I didn’t feel like returning em (mainly cause I’m swamped with work and I think at some point I might be able to get someone to fix em) but the amazon team was super responsive and offered right away my cash back with the shipping cost included. I bought 4 pairs of Sony’s (excluding the xb90ex) without any problems (ex1k, z5, xb75ap, ex800st) the ex1k were the best of em all, they looked like brand new, the box was a bit used but the iems and tips were in mint condition, I saw the pictures of the product before purchasing

Mar 14, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #4,605 of 4,748
recently I had the opportunity to compare flagships Tia Trio, Fir Audio M6 vs Ex1000 I still can't find anything better than Ex1000 especially because I mainly listen to Koan, Astonaut Ape , Scann-Tec :)

Attachments

• 20210305_203659.jpg
    20210305_203659.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210311_165818.jpg
    20210311_165818.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back