Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Mar 13, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #166 of 1,593
Wow.... changed the socket on my M8 to 3.5 and put on this track. So much more delicate sounding than balanced. The OI is rated at <1Ω in SE so that helps too. Much more pleasing sound.

Omg I didn’t expect anyone listening olafur arnalds using RSV except myself!! I like Nils Frahm with post-classical stream too. They have very very good recording environment that unleashes RSV’s true performance.

Here is my favorite test song: A Japanese female jazz pianist Hiromi’s Album Alive, dreamer, the album was originally recorded with DSD.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #167 of 1,593
Omg I didn’t expect anyone listening olafur arnalds using RSV except myself!! I like Nils Frahm with post-classical stream too. They have very very good recording environment that unleashes RSV’s true performance.

Here is my favorite test song: A Japanese female jazz pianist Hiromi’s Album Alive, dreamer, the album was originally recorded with DSD.

Olafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm are two of my favourites along with Max Richter and Johann Johannsson.
Hiromi is amazing. I love watching videos of her play. She’s so dynamic! I think she’s the only person I’ve ever seen play with her fist and it sounded like a chord. Ha ha..

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #168 of 1,593
That is amazing! I love Hiromi, Keiko Matsui and Chihiro Yamanaka.

I only know Olafur Arnalds from the project with Alice Sara Ott. Will check him out too!

I am packing up the RSV and Turii demos today. I will give another Head-Fi’er the chance to have a listen.
I don’t know how I will deal with that void. Start smoking? Become a workaholic? Maybe listen to speakers...

Apparently I will have a chance to try RS10 and Cerberus too, soon! And some more toys. But right now it’s very hard for me to take Turii out of my ears 😅

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #169 of 1,593
I just did a huge listening session with U12T, Nana 2.0, RSV and UM 3DT ,In all seriousness, A/bing with the U12T, the T has a more reverberant sound but its artificial and added in somehow.. the RST is pure and clean and accurate to the actual mix. In mids the RSV basically slaughters the everything in richness, openness and vocal/instrumental tonality and timbre. It has near perfect tonality (FOR ME) and IS the best IEM i've ever heard. I'm sure that wont be the case for everyone but for me, it is.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #170 of 1,593
It looks like I forgot we are not just a music reproduction equipment lover, but also music lover indeed :beerchug:

Mar 14, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #171 of 1,593
Olafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm are two of my favourites along with Max Richter and Johann Johannsson.
Hiromi is amazing. I love watching videos of her play. She’s so dynamic! I think she’s the only person I’ve ever seen play with her fist and it sounded like a chord. Ha ha..
I will try Max Richer, thanks! Yeah Hiromi is kinda gifted not many who can perform legendary Chick Corea in their younger ages.
That is amazing! I love Hiromi, Keiko Matsui and Chihiro Yamanaka.

I only know Olafur Arnalds from the project with Alice Sara Ott. Will check him out too!

I am packing up the RSV and Turii demos today. I will give another Head-Fi’er the chance to have a listen.
I don’t know how I will deal with that void. Start smoking? Become a workaholic? Maybe listen to speakers...

Apparently I will have a chance to try RS10 and Cerberus too, soon! And some more toys. But right now it’s very hard for me to take Turii out of my ears 😅
Wow, Keiko Matsui and Chihiro Yamanaka, you definitely really into the J-jazz piano scene. I'd recommend Manami Morita, she's not on the technical side, but the harmonics she plays are very touchy.

During the void...maybe give it a try for Turii's mother, the music game Beatmania?:joy: (joke
I know you are not into those.
This is original Turii - Panta Rhei-

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #172 of 1,593
I just did a huge listening session with U12T, Nana 2.0, RSV and UM 3DT ,In all seriousness, A/bing with the U12T, the T has a more reverberant sound but its artificial and added in somehow.. the RST is pure and clean and accurate to the actual mix. In mids the RSV basically slaughters the everything in richness, openness and vocal/instrumental tonality and timbre. It has near perfect tonality (FOR ME) and IS the best IEM i've ever heard. I'm sure that wont be the case for everyone but for me, it is.
Actually, I'm interested in 3DT, how does it compare to RSV? Can they co-exist?

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #174 of 1,593
Wow, that is quite the endorsement.

As one of the resident U12T stans, I'd love for @Precogvision to give the RSV a chance sometime.

Mar 14, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #175 of 1,593
Wow, that is quite the endorsement.

As one of the resident U12T stans, I'd love for @Precogvision to give the RSV a chance sometime.

and I took that personally

Just kidding, it’s on my radar. Graph looks good in that it reminds me of the B2 Dusk, so I don’t doubt it’s very tonally pleasing. If it also competes with the likes of the U12t on a technical level, though, that’d be pretty incredible.

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #177 of 1,593
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #178 of 1,593
Wonder if he tried with low impedance DAC, it sounds like what crinacle mentioned in his impression(Tonality S+, technicalities A) out of box with high impedance source. Technicalities will be truly performing with low impedance source.
he uses Ifi black label dac amp combo, it is low impedance (under 1 ohm)

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #179 of 1,593
Glad I discover this thread,
this seems very promising,

Much love from Indonesia, ♥♥♥♥♥

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #180 of 1,593
I just received Thie Audio Monarch, which is a direct competitor RSV in terms of pricing, both RSV and Monarchs are tagged as $729-$730.
I need to have a good comparison listening session this weekend, but my first note is that they both have its strength, not an easy A>B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back