Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Mar 18, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #181 of 1,593
Here we go...

_KE80315.jpg

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #182 of 1,593
I just did a huge listening session with U12T, Nana 2.0, RSV and UM 3DT ,In all seriousness, A/bing with the U12T, the T has a more reverberant sound but its artificial and added in somehow.. the RST is pure and clean and accurate to the actual mix. In mids the RSV basically slaughters the everything in richness, openness and vocal/instrumental tonality and timbre. It has near perfect tonality (FOR ME) and IS the best IEM i've ever heard. I'm sure that wont be the case for everyone but for me, it is.
Whats your take on the Nanna 2.0

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #183 of 1,593
Here we go...

Wow looks impressive! That 2pin exhaust pipes look awesome. I'm Looking forward to Hearing your comparison of RS10 vs RSV!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #184 of 1,593
So this is the information I found on the Chinese blog site "Zhihu", it's old...Best of 2019 votes by some audio-enthusiasts.
For high-end segment out of 10 critiques, 4 voted qdc Anole VX and another 4 voted for Softears RS10, resulted 1st tie.

With comments on both (Google translated: "Moving Iron" is a direct translation of BA)
v2-7162b1e0ec4d2fde904801d5d6b51dac_1440w.jpg

RS10:
Softears /RS10

v2-340614e99309b31edaf1601a28e2dc5a_720w.jpg

4 people recommend:

-A phenomenon-level product of domestically-made custom earphones, the debut is the pinnacle of word-of-mouth work. The frequency division of a similar speaker is made into the earplug cavity to achieve almost paranoid phase consistency. The sound has both aesthetics and accuracy, and has a Passive unit plays a role in depressing ears and improving wearing comfort

-One of the most low-key new brands, advanced sound and partial monitoring style, so that it can be matched with various players to get a good sense of hearing. It is a good choice for users who are preparing to buy headphones of more than 10,000 yuan for the first time

-The sound is balanced, comfortable and durable, just like the name reference sound. The workmanship is also very good, crystal clear. Adaptation style: omnivorous

-Ten-unit customization made in China, very informative, partial monitoring

but:

-The brand awareness is not high enough, the sound is slightly monitored

-Harder to push

qdc/Chameleon Anole VX

v2-586ff8d70c0927473756439976e8e572_720w.jpg

4 people recommend:

-Chameleon VX is not a new product, but today it is still the most recommended earplug at a price of 10,000 yuan. There are no obvious weaknesses. The quality, music and durability are all top

-One of the benchmarks of domestic flagship earplug products, the comprehensive quality is not low, so that the product is competent for many types of music

-Countless praises, the best pure moving iron earplugs I have ever heard

-Reference voice, comprehensive and correct

but:

-Actually, I think it would be better if you don’t give users the opportunity to adjust themselves

-Not a new product, pure moving iron works are not easy to open your mind

-Replacing the silicone sleeve can help improve the sound of the product

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #185 of 1,593
Some initial impressions.
  • Yes, the RS10 is harder to drive. I think source pairing will be interesting in this case. No problem for Chord Hugo 2, fortunately, and as far as I can tell, the Lotoo PAW S1 also seems to do the job on high gain.
  • Out of the box, I found the RSV to be tuned slightly better and more balanced. The RS10 is more of a midrange IEM. Less dynamic, somewhat faded or muted.
  • Speaking of tuning, the mids are more shouty, treble less sparkly than RSV. Which one of the two is more neutral? The two are further apart than I expected.
  • Technically, holy moly! Layering and separation are incredible. But anything less would have been disappointing, really.
  • Soundstage is quite intimate. You do not get the expansive presentation like from Turii or the 64 Audio IEMs.
  • It seems the passive driver is not for pressure relief but for a better low-end, which so far seems to work incredibly well. Yet the IEM still "suck" to the ear canal.
  • The ear tips are similar to Radius DeepFit. For some reason the Radius won't stick but the included tips fit very well. JVC Spiral Dots and SymbioWS also fit, but so far I am liking the default silicones best.
  • Decent cable. I'm sure that users will replace it anyway once they decide RS10 is the one for them. 2pin 0.78mm connections are non-recessed.
_KE80319.jpg

Mar 18, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #187 of 1,593
Whats your take on the Nanna 2.0
It's actually very good. Initially I had a bad seal apparently, treble sounded bad. Now.. I can say, its VERY good. Does it beat RSV? No. .. but I may like it more than a lot of other sets. The RSV for me is the top of the heap.

Mar 18, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #188 of 1,593
RS10 are Full BA set?
Yes. Keep in mind the RS10 is near maybe 2 years old? Not sure but the RSV is brand spankin new.
[edit] more reading necessary .. wow those are pretty iems

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #189 of 1,593
Sa6 vs RSV? I have sa6 and these rsv are so interesting

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #191 of 1,593
Sa6 vs RSV? I have sa6 and these rsv are so interesting
Tonality and dynamic illustration, natural sound decay is something I do notice RSV is top of any IEMs that I have tried so far, which includes Thie Audio Monarch, one of the highest regarded IEMs. So if you are looking for natural sound reproduction, RSV is it. It has a state-of-art mastery of liner phase, I would refer it as almost a “insane” level of perfect phasing.

p.s.
I just read whole Crinacle’s openbox of RSV, and for the line he mentioned” it’s in-the-head” part, I disagree with all due respect, because it’s the on the other side of in-the-head spectrum. I’d suggest him to try more time on the non vocals as most of vocal songs are mixed as in your head tune, and if RSV plays that it reproduces as it supposed to, really into the head type sounds per se.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #192 of 1,593
Yes. Keep in mind the RS10 is near maybe 2 years old? Not sure but the RSV is brand spankin new.
[edit] more reading necessary .. wow those are pretty iems
Hope Softears come up with new flagships, with a lower price range :tired_face: $2.1-2.2K is a pain.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #193 of 1,593
Mar 19, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #194 of 1,593
any ETA on your Mest Mk2 ?
UM shipped to MusicTeck, and musicteck probably will send early next week, so I should receive mest mkii by next weekend or so.
I have a different expectation for MEST mkii, main role as a bit exhausting but exciting ride, like a muscle car(Ford Mustang Mach E: the new muscle EV), meanwhile RSV for me is like Audi RS6, and Monarch is more like McLaren P1 if you are into sports cars :thumbsup:

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #195 of 1,593
UM shipped to MusicTeck, and musicteck probably will send early next week, so I should receive mest mkii by next weekend or so.
I have a different expectation for MEST mkii, main role as a bit exhausting but exciting ride, like a muscle car(Ford Mustang Mach E: the new muscle EV), meanwhile RSV for me is like Audi RS6, and Monarch is more like McLaren P1 if you are into sports cars :thumbsup:
Also waiting for my UM and a Hidition Viento Universal. It will be some busy April. The RS10 is tempting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back