Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Mar 10, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #136 of 1,593
I literally have the 3DT, and was trying it out.. and then for awhile it seemed pretty ok. Then I put in the RSV and was like.. yeah.. no.

It's not that the 3DT is bad. It's pretty decent, but the RSV is competing at the highest levels of this hobby imo. If not, the RSV can join my shortbus.. lol!

Thanks for the reply. I am really curious and only ask as this kind of took me by surprise. I had come to understand that I really like the EST treble of the Elysium but I hadn't thought that the DD mids would become a "habit".

Mar 10, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #137 of 1,593
2CD55DC5-37D8-4B5E-95B2-D3DD6936C16F.jpeg

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #139 of 1,593
Anyone heard both turii and illumination? Love to know the differences.

And, does Turii really outclassed RSV in terms of resolutions? That's pretty neat if that's true. Hardly find outstanding resolution from a single DD iem.

@HuoYuanJia tagging you since you almost has everything

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #140 of 1,593
Looks like I will have an RSV on Friday. Looking forward to hearing this. Not often that I go for a complete gamble at this price range..

Mar 11, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #141 of 1,593
Anyone heard both turii and illumination? Love to know the differences.

And, does Turii really outclassed RSV in terms of resolutions? That's pretty neat if that's true. Hardly find outstanding resolution from a single DD iem.

@HuoYuanJia tagging you since you almost has everything
Haha, thanks!

But I already had my 5 minutes of fame now. I won't be sending out requests to other brands now and pretend I am more influential than I actually am. Of course, if MoonDrop wants me to review and compare the Illumination, I am sure they will find a way to contact me. :wink:

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #142 of 1,593
I’m interested on IEMatch+ 2.5mm which I heard is coming soon, according to sponsor thread.

As RSV is very sensitive and when I recabled to 2.5mm balanced, I noticed at busy time of the day, it starts to pick radio signals and reproduces a faint sound of radios. Hope the iFi Audio’s IEMatch+ solves this problem.

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #143 of 1,593
Thats the device not the cable imo. I have zero oddness coming out of my RSV. Black background.
Thanks for the reply. I am really curious and only ask as this kind of took me by surprise. I had come to understand that I really like the EST treble of the Elysium but I hadn't thought that the DD mids would become a "habit".

It's like this for me, the RSV is so close to my personal HTRF as @AmericanSpirit was describing, the RSV just sounds perfect. Every time I a/b compare with a set it reinforces this. If I could change something I would definitely add in a beefcake DD in the sub low-lows, but this is ONLY to throw a bit more air at my eardrum, it is not to fix the tonality in any way... if that makes sense.

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #144 of 1,593
Thats the device not the cable imo. I have zero oddness coming out of my RSV. Black background.

It's like this for me, the RSV is so close to my personal HTRF as @AmericanSpirit was describing, the RSV just sounds perfect. Every time I a/b compare with a set it reinforces this. If I could change something I would definitely add in a beefcake DD in the sub low-lows, but this is ONLY to throw a bit more air at my eardrum, it is not to fix the tonality in any way... if that makes sense.
Yea, it’s more of frontend issue of DAP(upsampling mode) x sensitive IEM x balanced cable I guess. It only happens at that niche point.

Just a nitpicking issue which I like to run on this highly sensitive circuits, hope IEMatch+ solves this niche hope haha.

Mar 11, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #147 of 1,593
Mar 11, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #148 of 1,593
Mar 12, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #150 of 1,593
You will love it as you spend more time with RSV! The real means of "non-existence"! Looking forward to your impression!

It was lightning-fast shipping with DHL from Shenzhen, China > Hong Kong> OH (Cincinnati) > CA (LA!?) > FL (Florida!?) >OH (Cincinnati!?) > My place... I don't know why RSV wanted to do sightseeing from Ohio to West Coast then to East Coast, but after all, it only took 3 days.
That's likely because the air transport has more package to west coast, then it get filled up again at west coast with all the goods to east coast.
My gundam model from Japan did a sightseeing to Hong Kong (!) Before it goes to me, and it meet the snowstorm 2 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back