Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,828 of 4,022

Because it's easier to fake the shell but not the electronics inside?
My 2 cents.

Yep! BUT recently fakes has appeared on Aliexpress with clear shell which is not good at all.  Fake CL (clear shell) Shures as for now are Se215, 535 and even 846. If you don´t have the original to compare you will have some (minor) difficulties to spot the fakes (fake se846 has 5 drivers).

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #3,829 of 4,022

Yep! BUT recently fakes has appeared on Aliexpress with clear shell which is not good at all.  Fake CL (clear shell) Shures as for now are Se215, 535 and even 846. If you don´t have the original to compare you will have some (minor) difficulties to spot the fakes (fake se846 has 5 drivers).

where can you buy genuine housing for 215? they have on the website?

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,830 of 4,022

Replaced the stock cable with a Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3. I am impressed. Seems to enhance the detail and clarity without changing the weight to the sound. I've replaced the stock cables on my other 'phones, not really sure of there is/was any audible difference, but with the SE535s it was significant. Nice build quality and I like the stiffness of the "wrap" when I loop them around my ears.

These are now my daily driver work 'buds, as I need to isolate my ears from the unbelievably loud white noise generated in the office space.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #3,831 of 4,022
I wanted to share my experience with Shure's service with the group.

So, few weeks ago my right ear bud went out while at the gym. I'm guessing sweat got to it. My hair was long and over my ears (cut it since). I checked my warranty, expired like 3 weeks before. Sigh. I went to Shure's web site, replacements were not that bad, $85, no big deal really, first world problems and all. The page says to call them first, so I did, I mean, what's the worst that could happen? Phone answered by a human in 2 rings. He was nice, knowledgeable, just great. I told him the deal. He advised me to call the warranty department and ask for an accommodation because in his words "these are the 535s". Translation, he knew how much they cost. So he transferred me to the warranty department, and I gave my story. She too was nice and helpful. Told me to send in the earbud, put on the form the issue and the story. She helped me find the form and I got it sent. She told me she would not be able to give me an answer on the phone and if there were a charge, she would contact me.

Fast forward about 2 weeks, I get an envelope in the mail from Shure. Brand new ear bud. No charge. Now, YMMV, but I consider that some top notch service! Kudos Shure, you have a customer for life in me.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #3,832 of 4,022

Replaced the stock cable with a Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3. I am impressed. Seems to enhance the detail and clarity without changing the weight to the sound. I've replaced the stock cables on my other 'phones, not really sure of there is/was any audible difference, but with the SE535s it was significant. Nice build quality and I like the stiffness of the "wrap" when I loop them around my ears.

These are now my daily driver work 'buds, as I need to isolate my ears from the unbelievably loud white noise generated in the office space.

red and different sound from the bronze version?

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #3,834 of 4,022
  I wanted to share my experience with Shure's service with the group.

So, few weeks ago my right ear bud went out while at the gym. I'm guessing sweat got to it. My hair was long and over my ears (cut it since). I checked my warranty, expired like 3 weeks before. Sigh. I went to Shure's web site, replacements were not that bad, $85, no big deal really, first world problems and all. The page says to call them first, so I did, I mean, what's the worst that could happen? Phone answered by a human in 2 rings. He was nice, knowledgeable, just great. I told him the deal. He advised me to call the warranty department and ask for an accommodation because in his words "these are the 535s". Translation, he knew how much they cost. So he transferred me to the warranty department, and I gave my story. She too was nice and helpful. Told me to send in the earbud, put on the form the issue and the story. She helped me find the form and I got it sent. She told me she would not be able to give me an answer on the phone and if there were a charge, she would contact me.

Fast forward about 2 weeks, I get an envelope in the mail from Shure. Brand new ear bud. No charge. Now, YMMV, but I consider that some top notch service! Kudos Shure, you have a customer for life in me.

Stories like this are legend ...

Even if you don't have a receipt, you can send in your ear bud and if the date code on the bud is still within warranty, they will still service it with or without a receipt; I know because I stepped on one of mine and broke the nozzle off and sent it in claiming I didn't have a receipt and wanted to simply pay for a new bud ... but they still replaced it for free because the date code on the broken ear bud was still within the two year window.

Further ... way back in my Shure E4C days, one of the E4C silicon tips came off and got stuck in my ear and it was quite difficult to extract.  I wrote a "tongue in cheek" sort of humorous letter about my trauma and that I'd like them to send me some new nozzles (with notches) and instead, they sent me a brand new pair of SE530's three days later ... (*and* one of their customer care folk called to make sure everything was okay with the ear situation and also to let me know they were also sending me the new nozzles for my E4C's) ...

I've used their mics for decades as well and with similar experiences.

On another note ...

Have any of you ever heard the old E4C's??  I swear those were some of the best Shure IEM's I've ever heard ... I remember liking them a lot more than the 530's they sent me ... so sad I sold them way back ...

:)

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #3,835 of 4,022
  nope no difference :wink:

they could make a small difference.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #3,836 of 4,022
[COLOR=111111]they could make a small difference.[/COLOR]:veryevil:
I've had both a couple different times actually and there is a difference to me. The reds are brighter. And not really by more treble they still roll off. To me it sounds like the upper mids have been raised a bit making them sound a little brighter imo. I found the bronze and the clear are the same. They both sounded smoother to me. Which ones are better?? Depends on what one likes and maybe the mood your in at the time. Again just my opinion!

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #3,837 of 4,022
  red and different sound from the bronze version?

I've never heard the bronze version. I think they are the same, except that I've read that the red/LTD version comes with the little filters in the olives (see the photo and the white screens in front of the ports.).

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #3,838 of 4,022

Rin Choi showed that he would get the same variation by simply switching the filters. so the limited edition is a 535 with a smaller impedance damper in front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back