Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,844 of 4,022
Shure 535 are relatively mid-centric, please don't expect rumbling bass.
Changing the filters may help, but equalizing may help more if your DAPs allows it (==> Cowon...)

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #3,846 of 4,022
  I don't think they lack punch, they just don't add it.  If the music contains punchy bass the Shures will render it, but they will not manufacture it if it isn't there.

Hmm you've got a point there but so far i'm getting used to the sound signature of my 535's and am really enjoying it. Definitely an upgrade from my Audio Technica IM70's.

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #3,851 of 4,022
I have to say that Robin Schulz's songs sound particularly amazing on the SE535. The texture of the bass is perfect without EQ. Perfect mids. I listened to Robin Schulz's remixes of Prayer in C and Waves. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #3,854 of 4,022
  I love my 535's, but want to add a set of IEMs with more bass ....like the UE TripleFi 10's.

Any suggestions?

I, too, love the 535, and I also own the UE900s.  The two are worlds apart and switching from one to the other is disconcerting until the brain adjusts.  Neither is particularly better, just different takes on reality.  The Shures are in your face, the UEs much more laid back.  Ultimately, the UEs are more "musical" and conducive to passive listening.  With two woofers, the UE's bass isn't overblown, but is deep and solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back