Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #3,871 of 4,022
  As I sold my se535 before I got the Knowles dampers if anyone is interested I'll be giving them away in a week or so. Have 1 pair of each: orange, green, grey, red, white and yellow.
Still don't know if ill give them all to 1 person or 1 per person, depends on how much trouble ill have with shipping them and the potential cost. I'll let you know when the time comes.

used?

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,874 of 4,022
Shure medium sleeves leave gaps for me. The Shure large don't leave gaps,but because they are so tight, my ears hurt after 30 minutes

I'm referring to the foam ones that come with the IEMs

What foam sleeves do you recommend?

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,876 of 4,022
I got my SE535 ltd red today. Coming from the wonderful Sennheiser Momentum IEMs, it's still quite a step up. I'm running mine through my smartphone, HTC One M8 (I'm a huge fan of Spotify, despite not getting the best possible quality the massive library is something I could never give up on) and a FiiO E18.

I'm only just starting to get into the audio thing, so it's all a bit new for me. I've been playing piano for over 15 years now, and studied music theory/history after work, so I do know what I'm listening to. 

Wanting to step up my game a bit, the sound of these E535s is amazing once I found the right sleeves to get the best fit. The only thing that bothers me is the stock memory cable. Maybe I need to break it in, but it's not properly fitting around my ear and is just too stiff. :frowning2:

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #3,877 of 4,022
I got my SE535 ltd red today. Coming from the wonderful Sennheiser Momentum IEMs, it's still quite a step up. I'm running mine through my smartphone, HTC One M8 (I'm a huge fan of Spotify, despite not getting the best possible quality the massive library is something I could never give up on) and a FiiO E18.

I'm only just starting to get into the audio thing, so it's all a bit new for me. I've been playing piano for over 15 years now, and studied music theory/history after work, so I do know what I'm listening to. 

Wanting to step up my game a bit, the sound of these E535s is amazing once I found the right sleeves to get the best fit. The only thing that bothers me is the stock memory cable. Maybe I need to break it in, but it's not properly fitting around my ear and is just too stiff. :frowning2:

there are plenty of aftermarket cables for it

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #3,880 of 4,022

Wanting to step up my game a bit, the sound of these E535s is amazing once I found the right sleeves to get the best fit. The only thing that bothers me is the stock memory cable. Maybe I need to break it in, but it's not properly fitting around my ear and is just too stiff.

I replaced the stock cable with a Moon Audio Silver Dragon. I like the build quality, including the bendable, memory-plastic piece that fits around your ear.

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #3,881 of 4,022
Hi

I've just got some SE535's. Coming from the Fidue A83's, I'm finding them pretty bass light. Does this improve over time? I'm using a Questyle QP1R DAP, so power isn't a problem. I'm also using the medium rubber tips, and the foam ones have a larger aperture and are even worse.

Regards

Darren

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #3,882 of 4,022
That's exactly how i feel about mine. I also find them bass light while I've heard some say that they have plenty of bass. The mids are what makes me love these so much. I find the medium rubbers the best although im hoping to try spinfits or comply p series in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back