Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 5, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #9,949 of 41,121
The Rev 1 did, the latest batches are pretty linear actually

But still they havemore pronounced tremble and bass then the dynamic based he300 imho

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #9,950 of 41,121
Quote:

This is exactly what I want 
font]
 How do you like it?

I like it a lot! I love how the M-stage and ODAC match with black bodies and sliver front plates. I won't even think about upgrading at all unless I go for something really high end, like the LCD3 or Hifiman HE-600 with a heavyweight amp. Maybe a few years from now.

The setup is perfect for me though. The M-stage and HE400 are a great pairing because the amp is on the warm side, while the HE400 can be a little cold with it's treble spikes. Together they slightly tame the treble, I have yet to experience any fatigue or piercing highs in all my music collection, and I have a lot of badly recorded mainstream songs. Perhaps Im not too sensitive to it. Bass is also very satisfying. I won't say much more about the sound since I don't have much basis for comparison but all I can say is that I love the sound. There's not one genre I've tested that doesn't sound good.

You'll be really happy with this setup no doubt.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #9,951 of 41,121
My bedroom station:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2797/philipsinbedroom.png

Full Philips as you can see. MCM906/L1/Wifi streamium receiver to play the music on my comp and to have webradios from the entire world (french ones are crap)

P.S.: Yes i like Philips, there even are two others Philips products in the picture, will you find them? :D

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #9,953 of 41,121
I love Philips. A grand Dutch company.
Their vacuum tubes are some of the best made in Europe.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #9,954 of 41,121
Quote:
I love Philips. A grand Dutch company.
Their vacuum tubes are some of the best made in Europe.

Yup. Themselves and Sony produced the first cd players. I remember my dad getting a Philips cd player in the early 80's.... Don't think he liked it much If I remember. He had a fab turntable at the time.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #9,955 of 41,121
Quote:
Yup. Themselves and Sony produced the first cd players. I remember my dad getting a Philips cd player in the early 80's.... Don't think he liked it much If I remember. He had a fab turntable at the time.

This year was actually the 30th anniversary of the first release of the consumer CD players, and my Dad actually got the first three CDP form factors reunited.  There was actually a third in addition to the Philips (top-loader) and Sony (tray/drawer) models.  The third form factor (vertical loading) was one that was licensed to multiple brands like Dual and Denon.

Here's some pictures:

The Dual:

The Philips:

The Sony:

I'll try to post some actual pictures of his room when I get back over to his house sometime soon.  It's kinda neat to see all the gear he's got.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #9,956 of 41,121
Quote:

This year was actually the 30th anniversary of the first release of the consumer CD players, and my Dad actually got the first three CDP form factors reunited.  There was actually a third in addition to the Philips (top-loader) and Sony (tray/drawer) models.  The third form factor (vertical loading) was one that was licensed to multiple brands like Dual and Denon.

Here's some pictures:

The Dual:

The Philips:

The Sony:

I'll try to post some actual pictures of his room when I get back over to his house sometime soon.  It's kinda neat to see all the gear he's got.

I'd love to see that thanks. Yeah my dad has had some great gear over the years, shame he didn't keep it all though. He always part-ex'd his stuff when he upgraded. He now has a modern set up of Arcam and Cambridge Audio. (he is 75 though and hasn't got much hearing left bless..:)

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #9,957 of 41,121
Quote:
I see the sonicare toothbrush. Is this your bathroom rig?

No, i built a small kitchen with an american bar (cocktail bar? I'm not sure how to say in english) in my bedroom, like that i can eat or brush my teeth when i'm too lazy to go upstairs haha

Tip: the other is in the audio player window reflection, and it's not really a product but a box of a product :wink:

P.S.: i can't use the "insert picture" thing because of a server issue problem, is it normal?

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #9,958 of 41,121
Quote:
No, i built a small kitchen with an american bar (cocktail bar? I'm not sure how to say in english) in my bedroom, like that i can eat or brush my teeth when i'm too lazy to go upstairs haha

Tip: the other is in the audio player window reflection, and it's not really a product but a box of a product :wink:

P.S.: i can't use the "insert picture" thing because of a server issue problem, is it normal?

Is it a Wet-bar?

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #9,959 of 41,121
I think, but it's not what there is in your pic, we call "bar americain" the long and thin table near the little fridge to have a drink on few high seats

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6561/baramricain.png

Or in the main kitchen:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/974/cuisinea.png

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8494/img0840ot.jpg

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #9,960 of 41,121
Quote:
I think, but it's not what there is in your pic, we call "bar americain" the long and thin table near the little fridge to have a drink on few high seats

Oh, we call that a mini bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back