Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #9,736 of 41,291
Can anyone tell me how to upload pics directly onto this thread? As i wanna share my rig pics with u guys :D .Thanks

When you're writing a post up in the toolbar above the typing box is a little portrait to the right of the piece of film. Click that then upload away :)

Also, mods, we should sticky this somewhere, like with a screenshot and a circle around the button or something.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #9,737 of 41,291
Hey I'm hifimanrookie and this is a picture of my jarl-ballin' swag setup

1. click insert image
2. choose to upload from computer if that's what you like
3. browse to your image file, hit open
4. choose your size for the inserted image
5. hit submit and voilá

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #9,738 of 41,291
Quote:

Audience 42. They sound fantastic and what bass there is is excellent. Nothing like a subwoofer but the bass that is there is real with plenty of slam. I don't really miss having more. (I went to these from largeish floorstanders) My power amp has an extremely high damping factor and that helps a lot I think. A weak amp with poor damping would probably result in a flabby bass. The speakers are upside down because my normal listening position is above them.

Nice Hooster,i always have been a Dynaudio.Never heard any of them ,but on the internet plenty of forums talk very well about them.A good choice for an amplifier must indeed help for a better performance,thank you.

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #9,739 of 41,291
Hey I'm hifimanrookie and this is a picture of my jarl-ballin' swag setup

1. click insert image
2. choose to upload from computer if that's what you like
3. browse to your image file, hit open
4. choose your size for the inserted image
5. hit submit and voilá

Thanks! :D

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #9,740 of 41,291
This is my home desk where i spend most of my time, listening to my audio, cleaning up the rigs (dusty room *cough cough*), and surf / print / work, part of my life is here

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #9,742 of 41,291
I did a little photoshoot with my dt990 600ohm and my nexus 7 because I wanted to make some wallpapers. I couldn't find any i was satisfied with.

If anyone wants the originals @ 4320x3240 I can post a link -_-

For those taking notice, your right. The 600ohm headphones are hooked up to just the jack and no they don't work well like that. It was just for show.

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #9,743 of 41,291
and here is my day to day audio rig..a modded Darkvoice 337, a Hifiman HE500 with Double Helix Cables Quicksilver copper cable and a Hifiman HM602

above pic is the headphone set for my gaming pc!

so here u have it...hope u enjoyed my pics..

ps. a bit of offtopic..my last pic is my DIY Work in progress watercooled rig for gaming..this is first cycle..next step is the water cooling cycle for the CPU and GPU. the 2nd radiator and 2nd pump will be outside of the D800 case!

the next pics are made by fellow headfi friends in a meet last sunday.

on this meet i still had my he300 (silver) and my modded m-stage (on left) both are sold on the meet
wink_face.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #9,744 of 41,291
Quote:
and here is my day to day audio rig..a modded Darkvoice 337, a Hifiman HE500 with Double Helix Cables Quicksilver copper cable and a Hifiman HM602

ps. a bit of offtopic..my last pic is my DIY Work in progress watercooled rig for gaming..this is first cycle..next step is the water cooling cycle for the CPU and GPU. the 2nd radiator and 2nd pump will be outside of the D800 case!

on this meet i still had my he300 (silver) and my modded m-stage (on left) both are sold on the meet
wink_face.gif

Good stuff, the 337 amp certainly looks the business!

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #9,745 of 41,291
Quote:

above pic is the headphone set for my gaming pc!

wink_face.gif

Nice gear! What tubes are you using in the 337?  (Was that a small pile of catnip next to the HE500's?....hmmmm.)  
tongue.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #9,746 of 41,291
Nice gear! What tubes are you using in the 337?  (Was that a small pile of catnip next to the HE500's?....hmmmm.)  :p

Thanks! My rig sounds not to bad either :D the power tubes are Svetlana 6AS7G's (very solid state sounding!) but will be replaced in two weeks(2 pairs are on their way from the usa) by tung sol 5998 or bendix 6080WB (with graphite blocks inside)..depending which sounds best..the driver tubes are tungsol sj7gt..they will stay..buti will try rca 5693 reds later..choices choices :D
No catnips..sorry but dutch candy and pepernoten (dont have a clue how to translate that into english :p)..if ur into that.. :wink:

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #9,747 of 41,291
Good stuff, the 337 amp certainly looks the business!

Thanks..and according to many people on the last meet last sunday..it sounded sweet on my he500..some even preffered it over audio gd andmusical fidelity amps costing much more.. :D

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #9,748 of 41,291
I had a DV 337 with Tung Sol 5998s and I forget which other tubes but it disgusted me with my 650s it was so dark. I then downgraded to an Audio-gd Compass and I'm so much happier. God I hated that thing, those dual knobs and how dark it was, man...

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #9,749 of 41,291
I had a DV 337 with Tung Sol 5998s and I forget which other tubes but it disgusted me with my 650s it was so dark. I then downgraded to an Audio-gd Compass and I'm so much happier. God I hated that thing, those dual knobs and how dark it was, man...

Senheisers dint do very well with 337 i understand..as i bought the amp from someone who just hsd bought a hd700and he said he was horrified with the sound..and trust me..he had more then 6 pairs of tubes laying around..so he tried them all..now he has some kind of custommade hybrid and he loves it very much..thats why i could get his 337 for a good price as with my he500 and the tubes i choose it sings! He also had his smaller brother..the 3322..with philips tubes and rca i think ..and omg..never heard a amp sound so badly on my he500..others find the 3322 a very good sounding amp..but not with the he500,.so i guess the 337 dont do well with hd700 also..but..did u try svetlana powertubes? As with those the 337 has almost a solid state sound..thats what people said to me on the meet last sunday i attended..and many liked it..even one who tried his hd650 with my amp..and he loved it..BUT..maybe it has also to do with my source..a very warm and powerful sounding hm602 on lineout. Well..as long ur happy with ur audio gd..thats most important..but by selling ur 337 u made somebody else a very happy man/woman. :D

Nov 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #9,750 of 41,291
No questions AMP/Headphone combos are good or bad. My HD650's are great with the Decware CSP2+...Tube rolling is fun but I have not found a really bad combo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back