Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #9,751 of 41,462
BUT..maybe it has also to do with my source..a very warm and powerful sounding hm602 on lineout. Well..as long ur happy with ur audio gd..thats most important

Yeah I'm happy with it for what it is, but better would be nice. Vinyl shows a nice soundstage but I feel like it could be bigger with my digital library. It sounds nice, I just think I want something that has better overall soundstage and maybe detail too.
Yeah I remember when I went from a FiiO E7 line out to a PS Audio DLIII (wow what a jump!!) it sounded a lot better but still horrific compared to now. Glad you enjoy the amp, cheers!

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #9,752 of 41,462
Quote:

Pretty good music collection for a 13 year old, eh? Then my profile picture is me trying to go for a Austin Morrow picture.
biggrin.gif

Profile Picture:

Looking good, my friend! And nice photography by the way, also, excellent music collection. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #9,753 of 41,462
Quote:

Looking good, my friend! And nice photography by the way, also, excellent music collection. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks! Using my dad's camera, its very nice
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #9,754 of 41,462
Quote:
Thanks for posting this, after i've seen this picture i've decided to recable that thin cable with a 7N OCC Copper........

Anybody knows what kind of cable is the internal stock cable of the LCD-2?

You and DragonOwen will be the 3rd and 4th people(s) I know from these board's that have re-cabled the innards of the LCD2's other than myself and another ex-member. Btw do you know you just voided your warranty? 
tongue.gif

Happy listening.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #9,755 of 41,462
Quote:
You and DragonOwen will be the 3rd and 4th people(s) I know from these board's that have re-cabled the innards of the LCD2's other than myself and another ex-member. Btw do you know you just voided your warranty? 
tongue.gif

Happy listening.

A little correction: I did not rewired them 
rolleyes.gif
, I just take a photo of my stock LCD-2 rev.2 without grill and damper (damper was inserted askew (not noticed it in the shop when I bought them), so I had to remove grill to insert dumper correctly and meanwhile take a photo of inside...), nothing more 
wink.gif

BTW I selled LCD-2 to my friend in a few months after buying them to buy WooAudio GES with upgrades... now (after a few "evolutions" of my rig) I may want to buy LCD-2 again (maybe even LCD-3), because LCD-2/3 is the probably only headphones that I may want to listen even having WES+009 combo... but I'm still not sure that I want to buy an amp for non-electrostatic headphones for only to sometimes listen to LCD-2/3, so I may just buy SR-007, because I had find their sound somewhat similliar to LCD-2 when I had a chance to compare them (but at that time I didn't have WES, so only listened 007 with KGSS and GES and it was SR-007 SZ2 version... so the sound 007 SZ3 + WES may become a surprise for me
confused_face.gif
)... but it's all plans for not very near future, now I'm saving up money to buy PS Audio Power Plant P3 or P5, because (as I see it) the power is the most weak part of my rig now 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #9,756 of 41,462
Quote:

tongue.gif

Happy listening.

Make that 5! Silver.

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #9,757 of 41,462
Quote:
A little correction: I did not rewired them 
rolleyes.gif
, I just take a photo of my stock LCD-2 rev.2 without grill and damper (damper was inserted askew (not noticed it in the shop when I bought them), so I had to remove grill to insert dumper correctly and meanwhile take a photo of inside...), nothing more 
wink.gif

Ohh ok no problem, little correction there than, it looked as if you re-wired them as I couldn't find your original post but found fra107 quote your picture and his so I assumed you had your's rewired.

Quote:

Make that 5! Silver.

You will be the 4th now. :)

Nov 26, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #9,758 of 41,462
Quote:
Quote:

tongue.gif

Happy listening.

Make that 5! Silver.

Did Silver address and sweeten the top for the LCD-2?

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #9,763 of 41,462
Quote:

That would bloat the sound. Pure silver or Pure silver with gold alloys I can recommend (or you can just get some Piccolino and use that).

Because that inch of wire is really the do-or die aspect of the LCD's tone.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #9,764 of 41,462
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe the Neotech super copper stuff would strike a great balance...

That would bloat the sound. Pure silver or Pure silver with gold alloys I can recommend (or you can just get some Piccolino and use that).

Appreciate the comment, as I have no idea. And could very well come into a pre-owned LCD-2 in 2013. Not as my primary but looking to compliment my only cans - D7000/Balanced. For you and the others, was the return on the mod slight or noticeable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back