Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Nov 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #9,706 of 41,463
Quote:
The CD is probably the better choice because it's still produced very well.
Fun fact: All of Tool's albums are on vinyl except 10,000 Days. Aenima is the only rare one though. Legit copies to for around 300 bucks. Lots of fakes.

Nice rig, i really like the VPI Scout, i have a Technics SL-1200MK2 with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, and i believe that the Scout would be a worthwhile upgrade, i wonder if my 2M Black would be a good match for the Scout's arm tough, by the way, what cart do you have on yours? 

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #9,707 of 41,463
Quote:
Forget all that!
I say drill a hole into your wall or ceiling, feed a custom 20ft+ cable through said hole, snake it through the walls perhaps, and finally have it come out neatly by your desk/preferred upstairs listening location.

From then on you can be one of those guys with a (more than likely) one-of-a-kind setup.
Keep us posted! 
wink.gif

Like that'll happen
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #9,708 of 41,463
Quote:
Quote:
Once you go vinyl, you don't really go back
very_evil_smiley.gif
How are you liking your Rega?

I can't use speakers all the time though! And the turntable will be downstairs, here's to hoping the Beyerdynamic DT880's have a long cord! Anyways, they come next week. But, I will not be trying them next week as I'm getting them for Christmas. How's this sound for Christmas? The stuff listed above plus Beyerdynamic DT880's, O2 amp, and a MAYBE a ODAC. Only reason I have to wait till Christmas is I'm 13. Also to add, the turntable and speakers is for my dad for Christmas. It's not all for me
tongue.gif
. I hope I get to open it though. This audio hobby is getting expensive
frown.gif

And the addiction hasn't even kicked in yet. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #9,709 of 41,463
Quote:
Esoteric is known for being very good?

If the Emperor has no clothes would a reviewer tell him?  Of Course Absolute Sound did dis the Audio Research Dac 8 recently....Kinda of amazing...

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #9,710 of 41,463
Quote:

And the addiction hasn't even kicked in yet. 

I can see the picture of him in the paper, standing along the roadside with a sign....

"Will work for Hi Fi"....

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #9,711 of 41,463
Most people are quite fond of them and build quality wise they're top notch. To put it in perspective quite a few 009 rig owners own a K-01. 22k I believe? 

I've been considering their latest CDP for myself, but it's steep at ~7k.

Quote:

If the Emperor has no clothes would a reviewer tell him?  Of Course Absolute Sound did dis the Audio Research Dac 8 recently....Kinda of amazing...

Keep your 2M Black. It's pretty much the best MM cart you'll get (and some will argue the best period under 1500 bucks). Not sure how it'd pair with the Scout, but it was my planned cart until I got a good deal on this rig. 

I have the VPI edition Dynavector 20x. It's 1mv rather than the .3 or 3mv typical options.

Quote:

Nice rig, i really like the VPI Scout, i have a Technics SL-1200MK2 with an Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, and i believe that the Scout would be a worthwhile upgrade, i wonder if my 2M Black would be a good match for the Scout's arm tough, by the way, what cart do you have on yours? 

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #9,712 of 41,463
Not questioning its qualities. It is one of those pieces where few can afford it and few could discern the actual sonic benefits over something for perhaps a 3rd of the price. It would be a fun afternoon to have it, the K-07 and say a top end Cary to experience the capabilities and differences. I am not sure I could hear the difference...I blame that on Metallica (and Megadeath, and Alice Cooper....hmmm...long list here....
biggrin.gif
 )

BTW, Good call on the new iBuds...Much better bass response than the originals. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #9,714 of 41,463
Quote:
Forget all that!
I say drill a hole into your wall or ceiling, feed a custom 20ft+ cable through said hole, snake it through the walls perhaps, and finally have it come out neatly by your desk/preferred upstairs listening location.

From then on you can be one of those guys with a (more than likely) one-of-a-kind setup.
Keep us posted! 
wink.gif

Now, devise a system to automatically switch between records using a mechanical arm and a computer program operable upstairs.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #9,716 of 41,463
Quote:
I can see the picture of him in the paper, standing along the roadside with a sign....

"Will work for Hi Fi"....

Dude, I would totally do that. I want to work for AudioHigh really bad right now
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #9,718 of 41,463
Most people are quite fond of them and build quality wise they're top notch. To put it in perspective quite a few 009 rig owners own a K-01. 22k I believe? 

I've been considering their latest CDP for myself, but it's steep at ~7k.

I do have a decent amount of respect for Esoteric's products, but I've found many of them (including the K-01) to be a little to dry or analytic sounding for my tastes.

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #9,719 of 41,463
I agree. Not really considering them anymore. Should be finally hearing a Cantana this week.

Quote:
I do have a decent amount of respect for Esoteric's products, but I've found many of them (including the K-01) to be a little to dry or analytic sounding for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back