Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #3,631 of 41,103

Quote:
I exchanged the AKG K550 for Beyerdynamic T70P.  And bought the HD650 off my friend.  I find myself listening to the T70P the most really loving the sound from them

What are your thoughts on the differences/similarities between the T70p and the Q701?

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #3,632 of 41,103

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the differences/similarities between the T70p and the Q701?

I find the Q701 and the T70P to be very different sounding headphones.  The Q701 has a very wide sounds stage, the T70P have better bass and sounds smoother i think the T70P is more fun to listen to.  The similarites is both have amazing detail.  What i find with the T70P is running off a ipod touch and Fiio E11 its sounds more flat compare to running of my PC > Dacmagic > Bellari it really starts to give out the full range.   

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #3,633 of 41,103
that TT is awesome!

got a new camera so you guys will have to suffer through a few pics.
the yamies fairly photogenic but the rest of my stuff/room is usually filthy and unsightly

Nice setup! Isn't it a bit overkill on the amplification though? With an WA2 you'd expect at least one flagship.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #3,634 of 41,103

Nice!  And not to mention with a proper phono stage you'll get RIAA equalization making the vinyl sound more lively.

Tell me I misunderstood. RIAA is a necessarity, not an upgrade option.

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #3,635 of 41,103

Quote:
I have a Mac Mini (in another location) and an AIr Port Express.  Toslink from AirPort Express to the Bifrost.  The iPad is just a remote control, though technically it could source to the AIr Port Express, but my library's too big to keep on my iPad.

Yup, I do the exact same thing with my iPhone. Remote library management with a portable device is good stuff.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #3,638 of 41,103
Quote:
that TT is awesome!

got a new camera so you guys will have to suffer through a few pics.
the yamies fairly photogenic but the rest of my stuff/room is usually filthy and unsightly

Nice setup! How would you describe the Yamaha sound? This should be moved into the vintage receiver thread...

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #3,639 of 41,103

Quote:
Nice setup! Isn't it a bit overkill on the amplification though? With an WA2 you'd expect at least one flagship.

perhaps a little.
in due time though.
just couldn't afford all of it at once

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #3,640 of 41,103

Quote:
perhaps a little.
in due time though.
just couldn't afford all of it at once

same.

i had my WA6-SE and used only mid-fi cans with it at first like the hd 650 and the sr-325is.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,641 of 41,103
Quote:
I have a Mac Mini (in another location) and an AIr Port Express.  Toslink from AirPort Express to the Bifrost.  The iPad is just a remote control, though technically it could source to the AIr Port Express, but my library's too big to keep on my iPad.

A Mac Mini is on my want list.  Since I was issued a laptop from work and sold off my Macbook I've been using my iPhone with a Pure i20 dock as a source.  I had to downconvert all my lossless music to 320kbps to get it all to fit.  Trouble is I can't, ahem, download anything this way.

Along with the Mac Mini I've been considering picking up the cheapest Mac on the planet, the now discontinued perfectly-hackintoshable <$200 Dell Mini 10v.  If I get the 10v, I would have two laptops & two screens in my life, which is an aesthetic no-no, and something I can't reconcile in peace in my brain.  And if I get the more expensive Mac Mini, I will have to deal with setting up remote screen sharing on my work laptop.

By the way, great avatar!  Did you do it yourself?

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #3,642 of 41,103
IMG_20120115_203625.jpg

giving pair of balanced Sony SA5000 an audition from a loaner. i can see why these headphones have an underground fellowing. i been enjoying their speed,clarity,dynamics,soundstage,stereo image and detail. slightly sharp sounding on the top-end to point of annoyance but not piercing since it's very smooth sounding. will sound piercing on very bad recordings that lack complete dynamics. i find no issues with the bass either people complained about. fast,great decay and allows you to ''hear'' the impact without any accentuation.it has good extension at both ends too but i think it has bit more focus on the ''air'' extension cause it gives great sense of space and airness to music which is very pleasant sounding. i'm really enjoying them.

i also added a new interface about little over week ago. the Echo audiofire 2 was highly reccomended by my friend and lot of people that record. very revealing and clean sounding interface. don't know why it's not more popular around here. also love the professional balanced high output voltage gain it feeds to my fully serviced 1985 Yamaha R-9 receiver. also if wondering what the ghetto black box is i have the SA5000 hooked up to. it's just simple box that i made to use to test/run headphones off speaker outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back