Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #3,646 of 41,133
Also, one question for you.  What are the sonic similarities/differences between the WA2 and Crack?  I've been interested in cutting my teeth with a soldering iron on the Crack.

Quote:
O2 has arrived, finishing the speedball upgrade this week.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #3,647 of 41,133
this is my very modest work based listening station........PC > uDAC2 > Headphones

and this is a simple system I also use at home either in the lounge or the bedroom (main system is in the dining room)

I have undertaken some basic mods to the Grado's and have fitted L-Cush ear pads. However I am also awaiting wooden cups, rewire, aluminium Gimbals and magnum V4 drivers to arrive :)

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #3,650 of 41,133
^ ditto on the o2 800 combo?   It does a great job with my paradox and q701. Surprisingly feeds the q701 enough current to get the bass up to 90 percent of what the lyr can feed it!  

-M

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #3,651 of 41,133
Quote:
it has good extension at both ends too but i think it has bit more focus on the ''air'' extension cause it gives great sense of space and airness to music which is very pleasant sounding. i'm really enjoying them.

What kind of magic SA5000 with actual bass extension did you get your hands on?  That was my my number one complaint with them.  They were pretty awesome otherwise.

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #3,652 of 41,133

Quote:
IMG_20120115_203625.jpg

giving pair of balanced Sony SA5000 an audition from a loaner. i can see why these headphones have an underground fellowing. i been enjoying their speed,clarity,dynamics,soundstage,stereo image and detail. slightly sharp sounding on the top-end to point of annoyance but not piercing since it's very smooth sounding. will sound piercing on very bad recordings that lack complete dynamics. i find no issues with the bass either people complained about. fast,great decay and allows you to ''hear'' the impact without any accentuation.it has good extension at both ends too but i think it has bit more focus on the ''air'' extension cause it gives great sense of space and airness to music which is very pleasant sounding. i'm really enjoying them.
i also added a new interface about little over week ago. the Echo audiofire 2 was highly reccomended by my friend and lot of people that record. very revealing and clean sounding interface. don't know why it's not more popular around here. also love the professional balanced high output voltage gain it feeds to my fully serviced 1985 Yamaha R-9 receiver. also if wondering what the ghetto black box is i have the SA5000 hooked up to. it's just simple box that i made to use to test/run headphones off speaker outputs.

It surprises my how under the radar the SA5000's are. I've heard nothing but positive things on those headphones.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #3,656 of 41,133

Quote:
Don't let the ghost of Joe McCarthy hear you say, "Red Book."

Joe McCarthy drank himself to death, like any good Russian.
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,657 of 41,133
Nice looking setup.  And great choice in the TS5998s.  Also my favorite power tube.

Thanks. I love the 5998s on the WA2 so much I picked up one for the Crack and a spare.

Thanks DG. Not as extensive as your collection of course. :cool:

Also, one question for you. What are the sonic similarities/differences between the WA2 and Crack? I've been interested in cutting my teeth with a soldering iron on the Crack.

Sweet rig!  How does the HD800 sound with the O2?

^ ditto on the o2 800 combo?   It does a great job with my paradox and q701. Surprisingly feeds the q701 enough current to get the bass up to 90 percent of what the lyr can feed it!  

I'm planning on spending an afternoon comparing the WA2, Crack, and O2 when I finish the speedball upgrade.

Great! Is that a book on Thermionic Valves, by chance?
:popcorn:

A book that covers Thermionic Valves would be much larger :D

Why, if it isn't the Red Book by Jung! Good to see some educated fellows around here. I too did two psychoanalysis courses in my undergraduate.

I'm so excited about the Red Book. I wish I could read German.

My undergraduate degree is in psychology, but I don't remember reading the "Red Book."

It was released in 2009. The first half is scanned from his original work. The 2nd half is an English translation. From Wikipedia:

Red Book
Main article: Red Book (Jung)

In 1913 at the age of thirty-eight, Jung experienced a horrible "confrontation with the unconscious". He saw visions and heard voices. He worried at times that he was "menaced by a psychosis" or was "doing a schizophrenia." He decided that it was valuable experience, and in private, he induced hallucinations, or, in his words, "active imaginations." He recorded everything he felt in small journals. Jung began to transcribe his notes into a large, red leather-bound book, on which he worked intermittently for sixteen years.[8]

Jung left no posthumous instructions about the final disposition of what he called the "Red Book". His family eventually moved it into a bank vault in 1984. Sonu Shamdasani, a historian from London, for three years tried to persuade Jung's heirs to have it published, to which they declined every hint of inquiry. As of mid-September 2009, fewer than two dozen people had seen it. Ulrich Hoerni, Jung's grandson who manages the Jung archives, decided to publish it. To raise the additional funds needed, the Philemon Foundation was founded.[8]

In 2007, two technicians for DigitalFusion, working with the publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, painstakingly scanned one-tenth of a millimeter at a time with a 10,200-pixel scanner. It was published on October 7, 2009 (ISBN 978-0-393-06567-1) in German with "separate English translation along with Shamdasani's introduction and footnotes" at the back of the book, according to Sara Corbett for The New York Times. She wrote, "The book is bombastic, baroque and like so much else about Carl Jung, a willful oddity, synched with an antediluvian and mystical reality."[8]

The Rubin Museum of Art in New York City displayed the original Red Book journal, as well as some of Jung's original small journals, from October 7, 2009 to January 25, 2010.[42] According to them, "During the period in which he worked on this book Jung developed his principal theories of archetypes, collective unconscious, and the process of individuation." Two-thirds of the pages bear Jung's illuminations of the text.[42]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back