Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #1,907 of 41,291

Very nice and clean, I love it.  Is that a leopold (or filco) keyboard?  Great pictures btw
Quote:
My HeadFi / Work station. All my inspiration comes from this station, definitely can't live without it.

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #1,908 of 41,291
Thought I'd update you guys with my new toy :

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #1,909 of 41,291
? do you like it ? :) 

I like the lazer scribe and not sure about all the crazy led's. Also, nice work with the wooden blocks!

M

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #1,910 of 41,291
Yes the DAC is very good. Far better than the Benchmark DAC1 (with USB) for sure.

Originally I was going to use dense rubber blocks but I made extra maple lying around (lots of maple) so why not? Made a few feet for my DAC, cut out blocks for my speakers, cut some for my X-CANV8P.

Well I do have the rubber blocks I mentioned and they absorb a lot of vibration. Though they don't slip around freely which I like and dislike. Don't know why though.

Quote:
? do you like it ? :) 

I like the lazer scribe and not sure about all the crazy led's. Also, nice work with the wooden blocks!

M

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,912 of 41,291

Quote:
My humble Luxman L-5 amp with my much loved Audeze LCD-2s. They normally live in their box and I am building a stand for them. Not pictured is a Mac Mini with a SSD and external HDD full of FLAC which I use as my primary source. I still need to buy a DAC and do away with the CD player but that is all in the pipeline at the moment. I also have a listening chair and reading light just out of the photo which I use for headphone listening :)

Pictured: Luxman L-5 Amplifier, Thorens TD-160 MKII with a RB300 tonearm and Monster Cable Alpha 1 MC cart, LEAK 2060 speaker (the other one is on the other side of the room), Audile Enterprises Australia Phono Stage, Marantz CD-63 Mk II and chillin' on the top my Audeze LCD-2s. Although it is worth noting I normally listen to my vinyl rig through speakers.

Very nice setup, cant believe all the vinyl you have!

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #1,915 of 41,291
For some reason the LED's are much brighter in my pictures but in real life they aren't nearly that bright, but rather dull. It's one beast of a DAC though.

Quote:
Just on the aesthetics alone... too many lights.  No way would that work for my bedroom rig.  (which is what I was considering it for.)  But if its as good for DACs as the V200 was for solid state...

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #1,916 of 41,291
If LED's are too bright there is always the simple solution of putting a piece of transparent tape over it. If you do it right you can only see the tape if you look really closely.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #1,917 of 41,291

Quote:

cpGZK.jpg
Pictured: Luxman L-5 Amplifier, Thorens TD-160 MKII with a RB300 tonearm and Monster Cable Alpha 1 MC cart, LEAK 2060 speaker (the other one is on the other side of the room), Audile Enterprises Australia Phono Stage, Marantz CD-63 Mk II and chillin' on the top my Audeze LCD-2s. Although it is worth noting I normally listen to my vinyl rig through speakers.

Ha!!  You weren't lying about you and the Expedit, you even have the same model/size set up all horizontal like.  What are you using as "spacers" for the vinyl, to prevent it from sliding in too much?  Or are you not worrying about it. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #1,918 of 41,291

Quote:
If LED's are too bright there is always the simple solution of putting a piece of transparent tape over it. If you do it right you can only see the tape if you look really closely.

I just stick post-its to my gear on occasion.

Sep 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #1,919 of 41,291
OK guys, this is my bedside rig.
I do most of my listening there.
It's relatively humble, but I like it. I'm looking into a better furniture / headphone stand solution, but for now it serves quite well.

iPod ALAC or CD / SACD > Marantz SA8004 (SACD Player / USB DAC) > Schiit Lyr > Ultrason Pro 900s / Denon AH D7000s / Audez'e LCD2 Rev2s.

Hmm, picture is kinda crummy, it's from my cellphone. Maybe I'll take a nicer shot with my SLR later on.

Sep 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,920 of 41,291
I wouldn't call Lyr + LCD-2 a 'humble setup'. :)

I'm suprised though that the Marantz is able to act as a DAC for the iPod though. I think most USB DAC's can't do that.

I wonder how the Lyr compares to the headphone output of the Marantz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back