Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 1, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #1,893 of 41,462
Cool to see iRacers on here, of all places!  I mostly race road, and I'm still class D as well-I've spent too much time buying new cars and tracks and not enough time getting proficient with one specific combination.

Quote:
Ohhh a fellow iRacer? I'm still just a D Class oval 
frown.gif
. Too much time making custom paints, not enough time actually racing it would seem.

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #1,895 of 41,462
Hey Twinster, it actually sounds really good, no joke. At first I was a bit afraid about the harsh highs and lack of bass, but turns out it sounds really good and really comfortable as well. I did the turn up the volume a bit compared to L cush pads to balance it out, also a slight EQ tweak on foobar and it sounds perfect now.

Quote:
SR-325 with Jumbo pad??? How's the high with them? (Nice picture by the way)

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,896 of 41,462

Humm! Ok I have to try it with my Wooden MS2i. I had the SR-325 before but they were recabled with Headphile Silver and find them to hot. Does it improve the stage by a lot?

Quote:
Hey Twinster, it actually sounds really good, no joke. At first I was a bit afraid about the harsh highs and lack of bass, but turns out it sounds really good and really comfortable as well. I did the turn up the volume a bit compared to L cush pads to balance it out, also a slight EQ tweak on foobar and it sounds perfect now.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #1,897 of 41,462

Quote:
+1. That's my favorite Grado picture I've ever seen. They look gorgeous. 

+1.  It's nice to see the 325 photographed not so brassy.  This picture makes me want to see one again.  I heard one with stock pads, liked it, decided it wasn't worth the store's price.

Sep 1, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #1,898 of 41,462
Incredible picture of the Grado on a WooAudio stand. Now I want one. The Grado that is.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #1,899 of 41,462
yup, soundstage is night and day difference, especially with the warm tube sound, sounds incredible.

Quote:
Humm! Ok I have to try it with my Wooden MS2i. I had the SR-325 before but they were recabled with Headphile Silver and find them to hot. Does it improve the stage by a lot?

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #1,900 of 41,462
yeah i have to agree, the price is a bit steep but its even more drastic in Canada. Grados here are wayyy overpriced... and we can't buy it online from US dealers because Grado's policy won't allow international sales. Thank god theres Head Fi
L3000.gif

Quote:

+1.  It's nice to see the 325 photographed not so brassy.  This picture makes me want to see one again.  I heard one with stock pads, liked it, decided it wasn't worth the store's price.

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,903 of 41,462

Quote:
Just some pictures to complete my semi-portable mid-fi station.

Portable? Check. Sexy? Check. Does it rock? Hell yeah!

This leaves me some time for the next serious home upgrade (T1 + tube amp).

Man I've owned the Pro 750 twice now. If I can get past the slight comfort issue I have with the Pro line cans I'd like to just get the Pro 900 and never upgrade again. lol

I don't think I'll ever want to get back into the hi-fi section of this hobby again. It's brutal.

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #1,904 of 41,462
Sep 1, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #1,905 of 41,462
PXIWB.jpg

My humble Luxman L-5 amp with my much loved Audeze LCD-2s. They normally live in their box and I am building a stand for them. Not pictured is a Mac Mini with a SSD and external HDD full of FLAC which I use as my primary source. I still need to buy a DAC and do away with the CD player but that is all in the pipeline at the moment. I also have a listening chair and reading light just out of the photo which I use for headphone listening :)

cpGZK.jpg
Pictured: Luxman L-5 Amplifier, Thorens TD-160 MKII with a RB300 tonearm and Monster Cable Alpha 1 MC cart, LEAK 2060 speaker (the other one is on the other side of the room), Audile Enterprises Australia Phono Stage, Marantz CD-63 Mk II and chillin' on the top my Audeze LCD-2s. Although it is worth noting I normally listen to my vinyl rig through speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back