Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 27, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,862 of 41,291

That's the home rig, which probably won't be getting a whole lot of love for a while, since I'm back at school. Not seen in the rig is a vintage JVC A40 turntable, and a uDac.

The college rig is just my Koss Pro DJ100's, the uDac, and a pair of AV30 "monitors" that I use as dorm speakers.

Aug 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #1,863 of 41,291
Yo guys got an update for ya!

My SPL Auditor is coming Monday or Tuesday along with a Vilectric V800 DAC and a Violectric HPA200. Thanks to the guys at Aphrodite Cu29 for supplying both Violectric units for demo! 

I will be making video's for each as well as posting a review for each of them.

As for my set-up I will be posting images of all the gear in place sometime this week!

Hope that was not too off topic! My bad if it was.

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #1,864 of 41,291

Quote:

My SPL Auditor is coming Monday or Tuesday along with a Vilectric V800 DAC and a Violectric HPA200. Thanks to the guys at Aphrodite Cu29 for supplying both Violectric units for demo! 

As for my set-up I will be posting images of all the gear in place sometime this week!

Not at all I think, although you should start a dedicated thread for it to post all the images, videos and impressions. It'll be more convenient.

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #1,865 of 41,291

Quote:

Nice. Looking forward to it.
cool.gif

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #1,866 of 41,291
I did the same thing with my laptop that I was currently using. By the time I had time to call and to be away from it for a while, the person on the phone at Gateway told me I was a month out of warranty. I was all like "!!!!!!!" so yeah bad idea. I asked how much to have the hard drive replaced/fixed since it sounded/felt a bit worn from my torrenting habits, a loose hinge on the monitor, broken mute led that was there from the start when I bought it and an annoying overheating problem.

$200 I was told. I took off the hard drive since I could do it myslef. Still $200. Even just the LED fix is $200. Sending it in is $200. F U GATEWAY!

The overheating was a dusty fan/vent and the feet were too low. Fixed with a new pair of $1 feet for the back and a free compressed air clean at my local computer repair shop. :)
Quote:

My 'a' key is wonky, but I don't want to be away from this keyboard long enough to send it in for replacement. 3 year warranty ftw.

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,867 of 41,291
I'm working on that now actually. I'm building a page in Dreamweaver with all of these videos, reviews, and comparisons. It's nowhere near done but will be one day.

Quote:
Not at all I think, although you should start a dedicated thread for it to post all the images, videos and impressions. It'll be more convenient.

Aug 28, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #1,868 of 41,291

I feel like Ikea furniture is the appropriate mid-fi option to match my comfortably mid-fi listening station.  I am finally able to have all my pieces together, including using the Lyr as a pre-amp. 

I ********* heart music!

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #1,869 of 41,291

Quote:

I feel like Ikea furniture is the appropriate mid-fi option to match my comfortably mid-fi listening station.  I am finally able to have all my pieces together, including using the Lyr as a pre-amp. 

I ********* heart music!

Let me be the first to say that LCD-2s with cable upgrades and a myriad of tube amps are not mid-fi.

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #1,871 of 41,291

Quote:

I ********* heart music!

i use those exact shelves for storing my vinyls!

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #1,872 of 41,291
Quote:
i use those exact shelves for storing my vinyls!

The use of the word "vinyls" is normally condemned within any vinyl community. Why you might ask? Well it is not a real word, at all. You can say you have a lot of vinyl, you can say you own dozens of records, but you can't say you own lots of vinyls. So yeah... just for your information :wink:

In summary: The plural of vinyl is vinyl.

Oh and yeah the IKEA Expedit is renowned among record collectors. I have one myself! They are prefect.

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #1,873 of 41,291

Quote:

The use of the word "vinyls" is normally condemned within any vinyl community. Why you might ask? Well it is not a real word, at all. You can say you have a lot of vinyl, you can say you own dozens of records, but you can't say you own lots of vinyls. So yeah... just for your information :wink:

lol, glad I'm not the only one who cringed at that.

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #1,875 of 41,291
Aw, man!

Don't put me in a category I ain't ready for yet.  I would rather be at the upper border of the mid-fi than the very bottom of the hi-fi category. 

Everything in my setup is sub four figures, doesn't that qualify me for mid-fi status?  I HAD to get the LCD-2s recabled and the only reason I could get them is because I had a rad tax return. 

Anyway, there are only two tube amps, with the one on top being cheaper than the Lyr.  And the thing to the left is my DAC (Havana), which was the last thing I did before jumping to the vinyl.

Mid-fi 'till I die!!  Or until I get a much more lucrative job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back