Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 25, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #1,846 of 41,455
head-fi n00b here with my first post.  finally, after three days i got through this whole thread.  some seriously amazing setups out there, fellas!  i'd post mine but it is in flux atm.  waiting for some schist to arrive.  once the asgard/bifrost combo gets here i will add mine to this awesome collection of gear 
L3000.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #1,847 of 41,455

Quote:
LiqTenExp. cool.  Im sure those sound great.

Very Nice Ringing Ears. i think I saw your amp in another thread.  Ive seen and heard a few upgraded ST-70s but I have been reluctant to do the major overhaul type of upgrade.  I like the stock look and sound.  Could it be better? maybe.  In the future, when I can rock out my speakers I may do a Van Alstine or Curico audio mod. I will check out will vincent also.  Awesome casework.  White powdercoat? Is that a power button on the front?  To me, that little conveinience is worth alot more than the sonic upgrades Ive auditioned.  Auto bias system would be nice to have too.

Dyna rules!   

Yep. He has the chassis powder coated to your liking. This one is white with metallic silver trans covers and front plate. The blue light in the front is just a power light. If you look to the left is the power switch.
This one he wire in triode mode for me so it puts out about 25w, but sounds smooth as buttah.
biggrin.gif
It runs the coin base 6L6 tubes and 7199 drivers. he also uses the original iron in these.

Here's a couple pics of the build:

Aug 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #1,850 of 41,455

Quote:

• Zero DAC
• Sony DR-Z6 (in the box)
• Beyerdynamic DT880 (on the head)
• Darkvoice 336i (with Tung-Sol 5998 and Raytheon VT-231)
• PS Audio DLIII

Dude. LOL wow... It sounds THAT good huh?

Aug 26, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #1,853 of 41,455
Recently got HE-500 so my work rig now looks like this (sorry for such a mess...): Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 (Blue Dragon optic) -> MyST DAC 1866 OCU -> HiFiMAN HE-500 (Silver Dragon Furutech 6.3 Plug)

My work rig soon will change a little, because I bought SCHIIT Lyr and I hope to get it in about a week 
tongue_smile.gif

And here is my new portable rig: HiFiMAN HM-601 SPbMod -> Westone 4

And here is my home rig (already posted it some time ago, no change there yet...): E-MU 1212m PCI-E (CANARE coaxial) -> NFB-10ES (moon-audio Black Dragon power cable) -> HiFiMAN HE-6 (moon-audio Silver Dragon HP cable [Neutrik 4pin XLR])

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,856 of 41,455
^ you will love your lyr with the ortho! they totally gave my thundies the kick in the pants they needed. And a kick in all the right places is what i mean. its just such a dynamic amp, i love it (GE 6bz7 at the moment)

nice setups everyone! 

all the best,

Marc

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #1,858 of 41,455
it's been a while. The minimax is in for repairs (I'll get it out this weekend, I promise)

I take the "I'll clean it tomorrow" approach to life. I piled all my headphones onto the table. T50RP, sr60i modded (disassembled because I'm lazy), and turbines. Not pictured is my other pair of sr80is. The amp is the Millett Hybrid Minimax, and you can see the RA-1 I won in a contest. The DAC is the y1, the y2 is awaiting replacement parts (more like replacement funds).

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #1,859 of 41,455
Peachtree gear is so sexy. 

Quote:
Here's my newly updated listening corner...

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard representin'. I love that keyboard so much.

Quote:
it's been a while. The minimax is in for repairs (I'll get it out this weekend, I promise)

I take the "I'll clean it tomorrow" approach to life. I piled all my headphones onto the table. T50RP, sr60i modded (disassembled because I'm lazy), and turbines. Not pictured is my other pair of sr80is. The amp is the Millett Hybrid Minimax, and you can see the RA-1 I won in a contest. The DAC is the y1, the y2 is awaiting replacement parts (more like replacement funds).

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #1,860 of 41,455
Ok ... so not the best pictures or gear ever, but here's mine:

Cheapo LP + DVD player + PC USB connected to Icon HDP.
Senn HD600s just arrived at my door today. Connected to HDP out.
Have my Shure 440s connected to the Lexicon Omega.

And the AD700s directly connected to my PC for light gaming or quick music listening.

Living room: Cambridge Audio S30s, S50 Center, Denon AVR + Emotiva 10'' sub.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back