Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 12, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #37,143 of 41,294
Logitech G610 Orion with cherry red mx switches, great affordableish mechanical!
I used a keyboard for a living a lot of years (freelance writer), and when I found MX Clear switches on illuminated keyboards, the world shifted on its axis for me. I could never go back after have a series of those keyboards...

(I really need another addiction besides headphone audio!)

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #37,144 of 41,294
I used a keyboard for a living a lot of years (freelance writer), and when I found MX Clear switches on illuminated keyboards, the world shifted on its axis for me. I could never go back after have a series of those keyboards...

(I really need another addiction besides headphone audio!)
Haha, there are plenty of addictions out there! The reds are fairly silent and feel great, but i'm starting to really like the clicky switches lately on another computer, it drives my wife absolutely batty though. I need to be mindful of when she's around lol!

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #37,145 of 41,294
Haha, there are plenty of addictions out there! The reds are fairly silent and feel great, but i'm starting to really like the clicky switches lately on another computer, it drives my wife absolutely batty though. I need to be mindful of when she's around lol!
My first "serious" keyboard had the very clicky Cherry MX Blue switches, which I liked. In those years I had daily conference calls with clients...tedious events with multiple participants. So I'd put my desktop phone on mute & click away (I'm an extremely fast typist, so it sounded like a machine gun).

One time I thought the call was muted, but it wasn't. I'm typing away--suddenly five or six people on this call start raising hell. "Who's typing? STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!! That's the loudest typing I ever heard!!"

I managed to really mute the thing, then laughed my ass off. Embarrassing & funny.

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #37,146 of 41,294
My first "serious" keyboard had the very clicky Cherry MX Blue switches, which I liked. In those years I had daily conference calls with clients...tedious events with multiple participants. So I'd put my desktop phone on mute & click away (I'm an extremely fast typist, so it sounded like a machine gun).

One time I thought the call was muted, but it wasn't. I'm typing away--suddenly five or six people on this call start raising hell. "Who's typing? STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!! That's the loudest typing I ever heard!!"

I managed to really mute the thing, then laughed my ass off. Embarrassing & funny.
Haha, I can imagine that scenario. Blue's are awesome but you can become the enemy of the office real quick!

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #37,148 of 41,294
I decided to build a simple headphone rack. It's much easier to just grab a headphone and listen now. 👍

20230413_095146.jpg

20230413_095204.jpg

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #37,150 of 41,294
Seems like the wife needs a pair of closed-back headphones to drown out the noise:thinking:

Apr 13, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #37,151 of 41,294
Seems like the wife needs a pair of closed-back headphones to drown out the noise:thinking:
… or is it you drowning out the wife? … :) 🤷‍♀️

Apr 13, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #37,153 of 41,294
I decided to build a simple headphone rack. It's much easier to just grab a headphone and listen now. 👍

20230413_095146.jpg

20230413_095204.jpg
Absolutely brilliant! I think I know what my next weekend project is....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back