Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #16,096 of 41,062
Farewell pictures of this rig... really enjoyed the time with the GS-X mk2. Best all around headphone amp, IMO. 

Excuse the dust... this room is a magnet. (and crappy photography) 

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #16,097 of 41,062
^ Are you shifting to e-stats, or speakers or something else entirely?

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #16,098 of 41,062
  ^ Are you shifting to e-stats, or speakers or something else entirely?

Just a different amp. I'm not totally sold on stats yet. I've heard them and they just don't suit my preferences. I might give them another shot down the road, but dynamic is good company right now. Speakers of course is in the works. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #16,099 of 41,062

Just a different amp. I'm not totally sold on stats yet. I've heard them and they just don't suit my preferences. I might give them another shot down the road, but dynamic is good company right now. Speakers of course is in the works. 
biggrin.gif

Ahh ok very nice. I just saw you're looking at an amp for the HE-6. Was it you or someone else that is getting a F5 Turbo for some Pendragons or something? That (amp) would be overkill of course, but it's something you already have :)

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #16,100 of 41,062
No, it's a DVD-757 that I use for DVD-A and SACD playback for the time being.  Looking to move my DVD-2900 in there once I replace it in the family room with an Oppo.

Bill

Got it. Yeah, those Denons are great for the money. Quite robust, and great SACD playback. I'm holding into mine until I can afford an Oppo. Then again, how often do I really listen to CDs....

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #16,101 of 41,062
  Ahh ok very nice. I just saw you're looking at an amp for the HE-6. Was it you or someone else that is getting a F5 Turbo for some Pendragons or something? That (amp) would be overkill of course, but it's something you already have :)

Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #16,102 of 41,062

Yea, still building the F5T. Slow going right now due to finals. All the boards are stuffed though so casework and assembly is all that is required. Should be up in a few weeks. The F5T would be killer with the HE-6, but my speaker system is downstairs whereas my headphone rig is mainly upstairs. I guess I could fine turn my work out schedule to carry that thing up and down the stairs every time I want to listen to speakers vs headphones. 
biggrin.gif

Lol that would be pretty funny lugging that thing around! Maybe check out "The Wire LPUHP" or the lateral FET version? I'm waiting for my BAL-BAL boards to arrive for my HD-800, but I think it will drive the HE-6 nicely too if you increase the gain to 2 or more. Though, you will want to increase the PSU to something more than 10VA 250ma secondaries. I went with a 15VA 500ma hoping I can skate by with unity gain for the HE-6 at a normal volume, but it's just for backup. We'll see :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #16,106 of 41,062

30gb iPod > Jef Larson Spud amp > MS2 = happy...

tongue_smile.gif
 I likes a lot! One gorgeous looking amp. Nice to see Grado's getting some love again too.

Yes, a nice looking ensemble. I'm not sure I've ever heard a Grado in my life! It's quite possible I may have via a record store/book store listening station. Your avi is w-a-y out... luv it! 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back