Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #6,676 of 41,210
Yeah new Schiit probably. I want to listen to yours at the meet, and any other balanced DACs that show up.

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #6,680 of 41,210
Quote:
New amp. Now you see why I want Schiit to make a black option...

I'll be able to test it with some balanced DACs in a couple weeks in Dallas at the meet there.
And with the UERM in use:

Looks great Maxvla! I'm jealous of everything in that shot.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #6,681 of 41,210
Quote:
New amp. Now you see why I want Schiit to make a black option...

I'll be able to test it with some balanced DACs in a couple weeks in Dallas at the meet there.
And with the UERM in use:
font]

Nice looking gear - the HD800 with black cable is stunning!  How long ago did the Bryston arrive?

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #6,687 of 41,210
Quote:
Looks like an SA8004 to me.

It's merely a CD6004. I'd love to have the flexibility that the SA8004 offers with its digital inputs, but other than that I don't really need SACD playback. Even though the number of SACDs in my collection has doubled recently - from one to two. Both are hybrid SACD/CDs, of course.

And yes, that's Meier gear. Recently, I strongly considered replacing it with an audio-gd Ref. 10.2 (I'd love to have a remote control for my amp, and balanced is nice too) - but I eventually decided to purchase more music instead.
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #6,688 of 41,210
Quote:
Oh man that matching DAC would look good...

Bryston stack vs Schiit pile.

while i'm quite interested in the schiit gungnir, i have a feeling the bryston BDA-1 would take that contest.
as it probably should.  It's $2,200.

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #6,689 of 41,210
True, but Schiit has quite the 'giant killer' rep. Who knows?

Plus, seeing how the pair fairs for considerably less is still helpful.

Quote:
Quote:

while i'm quite interested in the schiit gungnir, i have a feeling the bryston BDA-1 would take that contest.
as it probably should.  It's $2,200.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #6,690 of 41,210
Quote:

It's merely a CD6004. I'd love to have the flexibility that the SA8004 offers with its digital inputs, but other than that I don't really need SACD playback. Even though the number of SACDs in my collection has doubled recently - from one to two. Both are hybrid SACD/CDs, of course.

And yes, that's Meier gear. Recently, I strongly considered replacing it with an audio-gd Ref. 10.2 (I'd love to have a remote control for my amp, and balanced is nice too) - but I eventually decided to purchase more music instead.
tongue.gif

Wait til you pick up some SACDs on closeout since the format is sorta kinda trying to stay alive but fairly dead for the most part... 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back