Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #6,661 of 41,215
Current setup. Paradox are not pictured because they are at work :) The e11 and odac stack go with me to work since the paradox is more fun out of the e11 than the O2 and the O2 isn't extremely portable given it does well with the power plugged in. 

The D2k's have dynamat on the small butt of the driver and around the rubber puck in the cup per a partial markl mod. Also, the D2k's have Fischer audio fa-003 pads on them, which is an incredible improvement over stock. Mids come through, the minor sibilance there was is supressed and bass is taught and could knock out Chuck Norris playing infected mushrooms tracks. Seriously impressed with this setup on the D2k, excellent combo with the Paradoxed t50rp. Detail retrieval nears that of the paradox with a fun factor of the slightly v shaped freq curve.  

Second picture of the Fischer fa-003 pads on the D2k (fa-003 pads are the exact same thing as brainwavz hm5 pads from mp4 nation). 

Fellow Dx000 owners pass this on on other threads if you would like. 

-M

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #6,662 of 41,215
Quote:

This is my night time set up at the nurses station.  I usually use my Brainwavz Beta's that came with my Alpen, but my youngest daughter decided to give them a bath in a glass of water.  I'm drying them out as we speak.  Using F2K + Wasapi on my Asus Aspire notebook and listening to Ashes To Ashes (a Bowie cover) by Warpaint.

Nice I have almost the same setup with my HD25's and the E17! I hope your Brainwavz beta is okay now...

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #6,663 of 41,215
Quote:

This is my night time set up at the nurses station.  I usually use my Brainwavz Beta's that came with my Alpen, but my youngest daughter decided to give them a bath in a glass of water.  I'm drying them out as we speak.  Using F2K + Wasapi on my Asus Aspire notebook and listening to Ashes To Ashes (a Bowie cover) by Warpaint.

wink.gif
 She was merely testing...

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #6,664 of 41,215
Quote:
One change since my last picture.  I was inspired by Silent One to try some isolation cones.  Well, that and the fact the handmade feet that came with the amp were not the same size, so I had a chronic wobble!  I also can't seem to find a level shelf in my entire apartment, so the adjustable feet are a nice touch.

So far, I can't tell any change in the sound, but the change in my mind is very positive.  I love the way it looks!

More pix, Currawong, without a doubt. Just gonna 'neak in a quick tip. For those of you without level surfaces and adjustable feet, switching to three feet will solve the problem of balance. Make an equilateral triangle if space underneath permits.

Lastly, I find the front-end, source or whatever is at the beginning of your stream to be the most sensitive to changes and vibrations. Will follow up your tweak as it heads over to the Trafomatic thread.
popcorn.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #6,665 of 41,215
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #6,666 of 41,215
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #6,669 of 41,215

Don't shoot me for the badly organized cables!

In truth I didn't even take this picture with the intention of posting it here, but I thought I might just as well since I haven't posted any pictures here for quite a long time.
I'll make a better picture some other time.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #6,670 of 41,215
Quote:
Don't shoot me for the badly organized cables!
In truth I didn't even take this picture with the intention of posting it here, but I thought I might just as well since I haven't posted any pictures here for quite a long time.
I'll make a better picture some other time.

Bang! Those cables would drive me nuts. I've become a little obsessive about cleaning up my desk area, especially with regard to cable management.

Nice setup though. I like the headphone hooks.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #6,671 of 41,215
Bang! Those cables would drive me nuts. I've become a little obsessive about cleaning up my desk area, especially with regard to cable management.

Nice setup though. I like the headphone hooks.

Maybe I should do a slightly better job, but I never even see them myself, so why bother?

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #6,672 of 41,215
New amp. Now you see why I want Schiit to make a black option...

I'll be able to test it with some balanced DACs in a couple weeks in Dallas at the meet there.

And with the UERM in use:

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #6,673 of 41,215
Very cool looking new amp. Looking forward to hearing it in Dallas. Really looking forward to seeing those all black HD800s in person, too. 

What cable are you running?

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #6,674 of 41,215
Cables are by Chris_Himself, extremely minimalist, no sleeving, just bare black wire, heat shrink Y connection, and Switchcraft black 4pin XLR with gold contacts. I hate thick heavy cables. These are a bit annoying at first due to them being wound up in shipping, but they are extremely light and eventually will straighten out nicely.

I have XLR ICs ready for use as well, in the same style but 3 pin of course, just need a balanced DAC!

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #6,675 of 41,215
Planning on waiting for the new Schiit or thinking about something else?

Quote:
Cables are by Chris_Himself, extremely minimalist, no sleeving, just bare black wire, heat shrink Y connection, and Switchcraft black 4pin XLR with gold contacts. I hate thick heavy cables. These are a bit annoying at first due to them being wound up in shipping, but they are extremely light and eventually will straighten out nicely.

I have XLR ICs ready for use as well, in the same style but 3 pin of course, just need a balanced DAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back