Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #6,391 of 41,459
Quote:
"Oh my, I just paid 1000$ for a pair of headphones! But, now I can't afford to BUY MUSIC?! Oh well, why should I support the artists, I listen to the GEAR anyway."

Sorry, does not make sense.

Can't afford? Of course I can. Do I want to dish out the cash, well why should I. There's no credible incentive or disincentive in my eyes, and most of the artists I listen to are either too rich for me to worry about them making money or too dead for them to care.

May 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #6,392 of 41,459
Quote:

Can't afford? Of course I can. Do I want to dish out the cash, well why should I. There's no credible incentive or disincentive in my eyes, and most of the artists I listen to are either too rich for me to worry about them making money or too dead for them to care.

Ohhhh that gave me a good laugh haha x2!

May 29, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #6,393 of 41,459
Quote:

most of the artists I listen to are either too rich for me to worry about them making money or too dead for them to care.

Well as long as YOU'RE okay with it...that's all that matters. 
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #6,395 of 41,459
Quote:

Well, good for you, though being poor is a lesser problem than being an immoral prick. = )

6703 songs...

Either that's not all of the records in the picture or long albums. I have bit under 4000 songs but that collection appears to be larger than the one in the picture.

May 29, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #6,397 of 41,459

Well, believe it or not, around 4500 songs are in that picture... Really, around 300 albums. 

That I can easily believe, but earlier you said 6703 songs and I thought that it's all in the picture, which was hard to believe. = )

May 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #6,398 of 41,459
Tragedy of the Commons.  Read it.  Learn.  Understand.  Move beyond your selfish simpleton viewpoint of life.
Quote:

May 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #6,399 of 41,459
Getting a little hostile guys...Calm down. 

And just to dispel the 'overpriced' CD thing...I recently bought 13 CDs from a store for 121 tax included. Less than 10 bucks a CD. Most CDs are available as downloads via Amazon for maybe...2 dollars less than the CD. Why not buy the CD? Even most new releases can be had around 10 dollars. CDs aren't overpriced anymore unless you're looking for something really old, or limited editions. In that case, just get the download.

May 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #6,400 of 41,459
having a good belly laugh seeing you guys bicker over the future of tangible media.

meanwhile, i am safe and secure in the knowledge that when "the computers turn against us", i'll still have my vinyl records.

tongue.gif

May 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #6,401 of 41,459

Audio setup in my study/guestroom.  
Win7/JPLay workstation > 7cm USB > JKSPDIF mk3 > Furutech silver coax > AudioGD Reference 7 > silver XLR IC's > AudioGD Master 6 > HifiMan HE-6 
smile.gif

Apologies for crappy photo but this setup doesn't want to photograph well.  It told me so.

May 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #6,403 of 41,459
those are just pieces of timber - the college student version of isolation feet
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #6,404 of 41,459
$35 for isolation feet is too much, after you spent all that dosh on the rest of that? 

Nice rig though. 

May 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #6,405 of 41,459
I have some friends in the audio business.  They are in the mastering/mixing portion.  So, stealing music doesn't only affect the artists who recorded it, it also affects the sound engineers.  While it's tempting to not feel bad about ripping off a singer who makes millions of dollars a year, it's tragic to rip off the sound mixers who work for contracts at much lower dollar amounts.
Quote:
Getting a little hostile guys...Calm down. 

And just to dispel the 'overpriced' CD thing...I recently bought 13 CDs from a store for 121 tax included. Less than 10 bucks a CD. Most CDs are available as downloads via Amazon for maybe...2 dollars less than the CD. Why not buy the CD? Even most new releases can be had around 10 dollars. CDs aren't overpriced anymore unless you're looking for something really old, or limited editions. In that case, just get the download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back