Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #6,379 of 41,462
Too much gear, too few CD's...

May 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #6,382 of 41,462
To talk back, CD's are digital. xD

I listen through my PC too, but I have 99% of it all as CD. Reasons are that I don't like to pay for a file only and the fact is that very little amount of good music is available as lossless downloads.

EDIT: Streaming is the last option. There is absolutely no sense in that when it comes to music you're listening often.

May 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #6,383 of 41,462
To talk back, CD's are digital. xD

I listen through my PC too, but I have 99% of it all as CD. Reasons are that I don't like to pay for a file only and the fact is that very little amount of good music is available as lossless downloads.

EDIT: Streaming is the last option. There is absolutely no sense in that when it comes to music you're listening often.

If you go through legal routes that is.

A lot of obscure music is more easily available for free download (in FLAC), than it is for purchase.

May 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #6,384 of 41,462
Well, I go to work and I pay for my food, gasoline, clothes etc, why would I steal music? = /

That also depends, most of my favorite albums are not available as lossless anywhere.

May 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #6,385 of 41,462
Erm yes, the legal route
ph34r.gif

I bought my last CD about 8 years ago, go figure.

I wouldn't say I listen to obscure music, and I have a habit of taking only a few songs that I like from an album (unless it is an awesome album where all songs are awesome, which is relatively rare for me). So buying CDs to get only a few songs at a time is wasteful for me.

May 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #6,386 of 41,462
Don't want to step on any toes here, but I stream all my music.  It's not "lossless" unless it's analogue lol so anything that is not going on my turntable is going to be streamed through sonos.  Had a transport, but couldn't discern a difference between it and my sonos and it's a hell of a lot easier just to stream the music through MOG or Rhapsody then going out to buy some overpriced cds.  
basshead.gif

May 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #6,387 of 41,462
"Oh my, I just paid 1000$ for a pair of headphones! But, now I can't afford to BUY MUSIC?! Oh well, why should I support the artists, I listen to the GEAR anyway."

Sorry, does not make sense.

May 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #6,388 of 41,462
Quote:
If you go through legal routes that is.
A lot of obscure music is more easily available for free download (in FLAC), than it is for purchase.

Unless you mean 'made freely available for download BY THE CONTENT OWNERS' . If it isn't the band or record label, or some kind of authorized distributor, it's stealing

You could argue that it easier to steal purses than it is to go to a bank. There are a lot more people with purses than there are banks, and the people come walk by you, you have to bother yourself and walk or drive to a bank. Taking money from people that walk past you is much more convenient and economic.... 

May 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #6,389 of 41,462
Oh I'm certainly not endorsing that you steal any music, I pay a monthly subscription fee some of which goes back to the artists themselves, it's just more economical than buying cds.  Just because I have a $1000 dollars to spend on headphones doesn't mean I should spend another $1000 on music...especially when I can get $1,000,000 worth of music for $10 a month.  

May 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #6,390 of 41,462
I wasn't even debating the ethics of music piracy, I was just stating that in my experience a lot of rare stuff is more easily available for illegal download than it is for purchase. Gosh.

With hindsight it was stupid even posting that, since I could expect this thread to derail because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back