Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 30, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #36,241 of 41,366
Jan 30, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #36,243 of 41,366
That Anthem box (AVR?) is astounding. I've never seen so many small buttons on a single device.
It's pretty incredible! It's a bit on the old side but it does what I need it to do and the DSP is really good. The UI is intuitive and you can see the display well from across the room. I'm running all balanced outputs from it to the Outlaw 7ch amp. Netflix never sounded so good!

Looking forward to digging up my 5.1 albums again. Particularly "The Game" by Queen, sounds amazing in surround.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #36,244 of 41,366
It's pretty incredible! It's a bit on the old side but it does what I need it to do and the DSP is really good. The UI is intuitive and you can see the display well from across the room. I'm running all balanced outputs from it to the Outlaw 7ch amp. Netflix never sounded so good!

Looking forward to digging up my 5.1 albums again. Particularly "The Game" by Queen, sounds amazing in surround.
DSP, 7 channels...wow. There was a time when the Anthem was ultimate state-of-the-art. I'm sure it didn't come cheap.

I never cared much about surround sound, especially in connection with video watching, so never invested in it. I did like time delay signals delivered to a pair of speakers on the back wall (another story altogether/not equivalent).

In my TV setup w/the 77" OLED, the only sound reinforcement comes via a dialogue intelligibility-enhancing (and small) soundbar by Zvox. That thing works miracles.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #36,245 of 41,366
DSP, 7 channels...wow. There was a time when the Anthem was ultimate state-of-the-art. I'm sure it didn't come cheap.

I never cared much about surround sound, especially in connection with video watching, so never invested in it. I did like time delay signals delivered to a pair of speakers on the back wall (another story altogether/not equivalent).

In my TV setup w/the 77" OLED, the only sound reinforcement comes via a dialogue intelligibility-enhancing (and small) soundbar by Zvox. That thing works miracles.
I bought it used for $500. Not bad! Nice thing is, you can also bypass the DSP entirely when using the analog ins, which I plan to do when listening to music in surround. I can "retask" certain inputs and outputs on my music server, to basically get 6 discrete audio outputs, with none of the compression you sometimes run into when transmitting surround sound over a digital connection.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #36,246 of 41,366

Come on, we know the only reason you buy those wall-to-wall OLEDs is so you can get a new built-in cabinet to sit them in :D

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #36,247 of 41,366
Night feeling :)

8A66D435-3D34-4C2F-BD52-CD11558B4759.jpeg

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #36,249 of 41,366
Come on, we know the only reason you buy those wall-to-wall OLEDs is so you can get a new built-in cabinet to sit them in :D
You make it sound easy! I spent decades building all the cabinets in that room, incl. the 25 ft. wall of built-ins surrounding the TV.

Funny thing: when I started building up that room, the only video format was 4:3 ratio. I never dreamed the standard would morph into 16:9 ... I had left this large patch of wall space totally empty for video, 1/2-assuming it would be projection (somehow). That didn't happen. The 77" OLED screen is just about all I can fit there (width-wise, at least).

(trampled by modernity)

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #36,251 of 41,366
Those Aries Cerats are huge..
Out of curiosity - you're satisfied with the Red feeding it? Rare to see such variance between component spending..
Well...in this system the AES/EBU connection is better than the USB, which is kinda unexpected, since the Heléne is optimised for USB. As for performance it is better then my Auralic Aries G2.1 (with Hörwege PSU) was. I think it is a pretty good deal. The only thing that starts to bother me, that it is sometimes unresponsive, slow to start music. Time will tell.

Jan 30, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #36,254 of 41,366
That Anthem box (AVR?) is astounding. I've never seen so many small buttons on a single device.

Then you haven't seen the sewing box the lady at my dry cleaners has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back