Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 7, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #25,907 of 41,133
Tower of Babel on top of Burson...?
The White City,Minas Tirith,from the Lord Of The Rings.Weighs about 1lb...There are 4ea.#3 Vibrapods under the 1.75" Maple/Walnut cutting board,then the Ginko MIni Clouds with the statue really anchoring everything..

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #25,908 of 41,133
The White City,Minas Tirith,from the Lord Of The Rings.Weighs about 1lb...There are 4ea.#3 Vibrapods under the 1.75" Maple/Walnut cutting board,then the Ginko MIni Clouds with the statue really anchoring everything..

Must be the easiest A/B testing in the world. If you remove Minas Tirith, what happens to the sound?

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #25,909 of 41,133

Thanks for explaining. But you gotta admit, there's a certain resemblance to Bruegel's Tower of Babel:

babel.jpg

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #25,911 of 41,133
Don't like the looks of the Utopia and Stellia, but I must say the Clears are gorgeous. Didn't expect them to look better than the Klipsch, seeing them side by side.
Like two different worlds of aesthetic. If it were movies it would be sci-fi vs. old timey western. In terms of build the HP-3 edges out the Focal. IMO Focal loses points due to the metallic painted plastic cup rings. The Klipsch does not compromise anywhere in the build they look and feel like an industrial piece of art in your hands.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #25,912 of 41,133
Nice analogy!
Wow, are those rings painted plastic? That's ridiculous! Still, I didn't notice it, so who cares?

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #25,913 of 41,133
Tower of Babel on top of Burson...?

I thought it was some new kind of barbecue. And I thought it was genius to run it off the heatsink fins. Seriously green conservation of energy! :D

Jul 8, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #25,916 of 41,133
Updated the system today nothing new on the headfi front. But I did finally get around to adding a subwoofer to my 2 channel system. I got a JL Audio Fathom F110v2. I was going between them and the rel s510 but from feed back and recommendations I went with the JL.

It has made a pretty big improvement in the sound overall. After using REW and some slight eqing with roon the bass response is pretty flat in my room. There used to be a pretty big dip at 100hz and 80hz of almost 12db and now it is gone with no boosting in the eq just some very targeted cuts. I will add a second sub when we buy a house with a larger room but for now this works great in my room 10'x13'x8'.

A big bonus is that this was alot cheaper than upgrading to the Magico S3MK2 for another $20k on top of trading in my speakers. Plus I really like 2 speakers they do the disappearing act better.
20200708_221636.jpg

Jul 9, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #25,917 of 41,133
... But I did finally get around to adding a subwoofer to my 2 channel system. I got a JL Audio Fathom F110v2. I was going between them and the rel s510 but from feed back and recommendations I went with the JL.

It has made a pretty big improvement in the sound overall. After using REW and some slight eqing with roon the bass response is pretty flat in my room. There used to be a pretty big dip at 100hz and 80hz of almost 12db and now it is gone with no boosting in the eq just some very targeted cuts.

Very Nice!

The Hegel is a cool sounding amp and with the Magico's extruded aluminum enclosure it has a bass signature that's hard to match a sub to. The auto room correction of the JL should create a great synergy between them, the perfect solution.

Congrats on the upgrade !

Jul 9, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #25,918 of 41,133
Very Nice!

The Hegel is a cool sounding amp and with the Magico's extruded aluminum enclosure it has a bass signature that's hard to match a sub to. The auto room correction of the JL should create a great synergy between them, the perfect solution.

Congrats on the upgrade !

Thanks the sealed enclosures help to provide a really tight bass response. I know there are folks that think magico speakers are bass light I think it has more to do with the speed and how tight the bass response is from a sealed enclosure vs a ported speaker. The same goes for subs I much prefer a sealed sub over ported designs.

I am happy that the sub has gotten my speakers closer to where the abyss is. The abyss is so good that it has had me chasing upgrades for my two channel system.

Jul 9, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #25,919 of 41,133
Jul 9, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #25,920 of 41,133
Updated the system today nothing new on the headfi front. But I did finally get around to adding a subwoofer to my 2 channel system. I got a JL Audio Fathom F110v2. I was going between them and the rel s510 but from feed back and recommendations I went with the JL.

It has made a pretty big improvement in the sound overall. After using REW and some slight eqing with roon the bass response is pretty flat in my room. There used to be a pretty big dip at 100hz and 80hz of almost 12db and now it is gone with no boosting in the eq just some very targeted cuts. I will add a second sub when we buy a house with a larger room but for now this works great in my room 10'x13'x8'.

A big bonus is that this was alot cheaper than upgrading to the Magico S3MK2 for another $20k on top of trading in my speakers. Plus I really like 2 speakers they do the disappearing act better.
20200708_221636.jpg

I've seen you post more or less the same pic in probably a half dozen threads. Don't know why, I just keep clicking the Like button :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back