Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 9, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #25,922 of 41,133
Jul 9, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #25,923 of 41,133
I've seen you post more or less the same pic in probably a half dozen threads. Don't know why, I just keep clicking the Like button :)

Sorry for that I have been making updates all year. My room is so small that it is hard to get a different angle. :jecklinsmile:

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #25,924 of 41,133
Sorry for that I have been making updates all year. My room is so small that it is hard to get a different angle. :jecklinsmile:
Nothing wrong with having pride in your setup! Keep posting them man. :wink:

By the way, I see a Liquid Platinum, and if you have not heard of the new cap mod being done to it, I highly suggest looking in to it.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #25,925 of 41,133

Great looking setup, if I didn't like it you would have 6 less likes :D

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #25,926 of 41,133
I need some help. This is probably not the precise place to ask, so if someone can point me to the right forum, it would be much appreciated. I'm getting some weird effects with my LCD-3's. Sometimes (not all the time) when I'm wearing them, if I move my head suddenly, I get like a popping sound from each ear cup. It sounds like built-up pressure being released from the cups. Almost like they need a release vent or something like that. If I'm sitting mostly still, there are no problems and they sound great. Any thoughts on this?

TIA!!!!!

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #25,927 of 41,133
I guess my beard helps with my LCD-3F :D

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #25,928 of 41,133
I need some help. This is probably not the precise place to ask, so if someone can point me to the right forum, it would be much appreciated. I'm getting some weird effects with my LCD-3's. Sometimes (not all the time) when I'm wearing them, if I move my head suddenly, I get like a popping sound from each ear cup. It sounds like built-up pressure being released from the cups. Almost like they need a release vent or something like that. If I'm sitting mostly still, there are no problems and they sound great. Any thoughts on this?

TIA!!!!!

You most likely have a short somewhere in the HP cable, possibly at the plug / amplifier's jack. At a very low volume try moving the cable to see if you can cause it.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #25,930 of 41,133
You most likely have a short somewhere in the HP cable, possibly at the plug / amplifier's jack. At a very low volume try moving the cable to see if you can cause it.
Thanks, but I don't think that's it. It's hard to explain, but it's purely a mechanical sound, not electronic. I did what you suggested, but I was not able to duplicate the noise.

The noise also occurs if I adjust them while they are on my head. It's almost as if the seal is too tight around my ears.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #25,931 of 41,133
Thanks, but I don't think that's it. It's hard to explain, but it's purely a mechanical sound, not electronic. I did what you suggested, but I was not able to duplicate the noise.

The noise also occurs if I adjust them while they are on my head. It's almost as if the seal is too tight around my ears.

Well that's good news because a repeated shorting of the input could damage the HPs.

You could try standing in front of a mirror with the HPs on and then moving your head left / right / up / down to try and replicate the sound. I doubt the seal is that tight but it's possible.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #25,932 of 41,133

Speak with Audeze support too. I think their headphones are so heavy and somehow primitive in design, that build issues must be somewhat common. Maybe they've seen this one before.

Jul 9, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #25,933 of 41,133
Jul 9, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #25,934 of 41,133
Jul 9, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #25,935 of 41,133
LCD problem solved (or at least identified). I went to adjust the ear pads, and they crumbled in my hands. Glad it's not a driver issue!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back