Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 15, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #19,156 of 41,463
Very difficult to follow that last post, but here's my latest Head-Fi rig update:

More changes are coming...

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #19,157 of 41,463
Rega DAC & WA6 - Very Nice!
I still have both though the WA6 is up for sale.  May just mate them again for one last listen.

Quote:
  Very difficult to follow that last post, but here's my latest Head-Fi rig update:

Um.. WOW!

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #19,158 of 41,463
^^^ Thanks. It's a WA3, which I got to better match with my HD-650s (and it was cheaper on Black Friday 
wink.gif
 ).

One last upgrade... Mapleshade platform came today, with isopads and brass footers for the Woo.  Yes, I am neurotic and need help... I couldn't stop myself, I really like the look of the platform and footers.

My girlfriend looked at this and wanted to know if I was finally *done* and with a straight face I said: "...of course, this is the last purchase."
A relationship built on lies... 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #19,159 of 41,463

I'm a sucker for bling.

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #19,160 of 41,463

More changes are coming...

My favorite combo was the HD 650s with Woo3. Just one of those magic mixtures, like rum and Coke! :christmas_tree: Enjoy.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #19,169 of 41,463
Sure can, and that's what I primarily use it for. In my opinion, it sounds even better as a pre amp than it does as a headphone amp, and it's already quite phenomenal as a headphone amp.

Sorry to ask, the answer is probably obvious. The question is, does it use the headphone amp to drive the line level outputs to your power amp, so that you can not listen to headphones and drive the output to the power amp at the same time?

This is of interest to me because I have a headphone amp that uses dedicated amplification for headphones and other amplification, op amps for the line, to power amp, output. I am thinking that I prefer to have the headphone amp drive my power amp, rather than the op amps.

Many thanks.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #19,170 of 41,463

Sorry to ask, the answer is probably obvious. The question is, does it use the headphone amp to drive the line level outputs to your power amp, so that you can not listen to headphones and drive the output to the power amp at the same time?

This is of interest to me because I have a headphone amp that uses dedicated amplification for headphones and other amplification, op amps for the line, to power amp, output. I am thinking that I prefer to have the headphone amp drive my power amp, rather than the op amps.

Many thanks.

It uses the same circuitry of the headphone amp to drive the line level outputs.  You can actually drive both headphones and speaker at the same time, and I did not notice a degradation of sound quality.  Anyway, since this is off topic, feel free to PM me with any other questions you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back