Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #17,251 of 41,133
I wouldn't say it's the future at all but this is a good design and architecture if you are building custom, one of a kind amplifiers. 
This architecture separates the the L/R channels and power supply from the amplifier section and allows easy to access to the components. 
Think how much more complicated this wiring would be if all the inputs, outputs and power supply were all in the back, and the signal having to travel through the power supply to get to the input tubes and then back past the P/S again to reach the speaker taps: 

It's form over function!
And I like the bakelite knob...which is an easy swap anyway...cheers!

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #17,252 of 41,133

I love Clazziquai!! Didn't expect to find a fan, even on head-fi :xf_eek:

I just love how they've taken ownership of being experimental with their stuff. It's latin-flavored, acid-jazz inspired, and and fueled by love and ambition for music. I was surprised that I didn't find another fan on here either until you!

Kojaku

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #17,253 of 41,133

I just love how they've taken ownership of being experimental with their stuff. It's latin-flavored, acid-jazz inspired, and and fueled by love and ambition for music. I was surprised that I didn't find another fan on here either until you!

Kojaku

I just gave them a listen for the first time thanks to you.  I really like 'em!  Thanks for introducing me to them.

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #17,254 of 41,133
I just gave them a listen for the first time thanks to you.  I really like 'em!  Thanks for introducing me to them.

No problem. If you're a fan of experimental stuff, check out Hiatus Kaiyote too. They're more funky and soulful, so they are my very favorite modern group. My all-time being Earth, Wind & Fire.

Kojaku

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #17,255 of 41,133
Thanks.  I will 
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #17,257 of 41,133
I'm trying out a new transportable setup to replace my old work desktop rig (which was a DAC1 > Auditor > PS1000).

The amp is a bit of a throwback to 2004, a little silver Headsave Classic that I recently bought from LTSFBH. The HD650 is an almost-new unit that I just got in last week from mstorie, and I bought the ODAC new last year. Currently it's all running off of a USB-based Daphile server with a 1.5TB removable hard drive to draw about 10,000 songs from.

The whole combination isn't nearly as technically proficient as my old stationary setup (nor does it drive the HD650 to its full potential), but the sound signature agrees with me more and the HD650 isolates better than most open cans. Besides, it's a million times more transportable now if I want to bring everything between work and home.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #17,258 of 41,133
  Thanks
beerchug.gif

The advantage of tube amp is,
it always come with heater and lamp features without additional charge
biggrin.gif

Ha perfect for those cold nights! Another beautiful photo bud. I seen the one on the Headphone pic thread as well. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #17,264 of 41,133
^ my dream amp!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back