Should I look at Etymotic hf5's, or something else?
Jul 29, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #31 of 63
Quote:
I actually prefer them over my GRO7 because they can't compete in separation, imaging and micro detail. Also, GRO7 soundstage doesn't have much depth. Although I do love my GRO7 for quieter genres, the signature I completely adore balance wise. They just fall short IMO on a few sections. I guess there will always be people who love either or both. I can happily have both in my collection without wishing one away.

Are you referring to the Tf10s? Wow I guess we all hear things differently :wink:.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #34 of 63
No offense meant in my last comment, it just caught me off guard :). I no longer have my custom pair of TF10s (they were stolen or lost during my last move). I mainly used them for games which I have to admit wasn't half bad. I still much preferred my Silver Cabled IE80s and FX700s. I feel the FX700s definitely win in the detail department and layering.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #35 of 63
Was thinking of posting a LF thread in the forums. What would be a respectable offer for a used pair of TF10's? I saw a few pictures of them in the over ear configuration, and figure that might help alleviate some fitting issues, if there are any. How do you guys wear them? Over ear or straight down? To be honest, they don't seem like they would have any chance of staying in whilst moving around if they aren't looped over the ear.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #36 of 63
I wouldn't pay much over $100 for them. I got my pair brand new for $95.00. It was an impulse buy at that time and I wanted an excuse to dab in Custom IEMs at that point.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #37 of 63
No offense meant in my last comment, it just caught me off guard :). I no longer have my custom pair of TF10s (they were stolen or lost during my last move). I mainly used them for games which I have to admit wasn't half bad. I still much preferred my Silver Cabled IE80s and FX700s. I feel the FX700s definitely win in the detail department and layering.

That's fine, I took it in total humour lee730, it's very hard to offend me and I know you weren't trying too. My opinion comes from someone who has owned both for a couple of months with them right beside me. I A/B them constantly, fighting with my own ears to define which one's better in certain area's. Everyday, I continue this battle recently trying to determine which one wins air time. Not in a loud busy environment either, a very quite room (with no windows) where a majority of my listening is down laying down and.. I venture into "the zone" O_o

But as any opinion, they vary from person to person.

P.S my room does have windows last time I checked. :wink:

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #38 of 63
Well in the end all that matters is our own personal preferences and the experiences we gain along our journey to audio nirvana.
beerchug.gif

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #39 of 63
Was thinking of posting a LF thread in the forums. What would be a respectable offer for a used pair of TF10's? I saw a few pictures of them in the over ear configuration, and figure that might help alleviate some fitting issues, if there are any. How do you guys wear them? Over ear or straight down? To be honest, they don't seem like they would have any chance of staying in whilst moving around if they aren't looped over the ear.

Over the ear. I had thoughts of wearing them down before receiving them though that went out the window when they arrived because the fit just worked. (for me)

I'd say no more than $125 - $130. But for that price you could grab a refurb.

End of the day remember the choice is entirely yours. We can only give our opinions, most of the research must be done by you.

Well in the end all that matters is our own personal preferences and the experiences we gain along our journey to audio nirvana. :beerchug:

Indeed lee730 yes indeed. :beerchug:

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #40 of 63
I understand, and part of my questioning on here was research.
biggrin.gif

I'll give it a few days, see what kind of offers pop up. If not I may go for a refurb, and then I always have the oppotunity to sell them on if they do not suit me. 

Thanks again for all your help guys, it's definitely appreciated. Spoiled for choice it seems in the realm of IEM's.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #41 of 63
I understand, and part of my questioning on here was research. :D

I'll give it a few days, see what kind of offers pop up. If not I may go for a refurb, and then I always have the oppotunity to sell them on if they do not suit me. 

Thanks again for all your help guys, it's definitely appreciated. Spoiled for choice it seems in the realm of IEM's.

Yes of course, that's what we're here for.

Well I was going to say that, they hold their value respectively. My only concern is those refurbs.....there's only two left. I don't know if a few days is going to wait for you.

Though again, no rushing here. Just putting it out there for you. :smile:

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #42 of 63
If you do go the Etymotic route and want more bass the Fiio E6 is very cheap and pairs really well with the HF5.  It even has a setting that amps the bass but does not change any of the rest of the frequency response.

If you'd like to save money some of the Soundmagic IEMS are suprisingly good for the price.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #43 of 63
I'm thinking of leaning more towards the Triple Fi's for now, Because I do like the idea of a replaceable cable. If there is a good deal on the hf5's though I'd be very inclined to pick them up.

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #45 of 63
I most certainly wouldn't get a TF10 over an HF5 simply based on the cable... the sound signature of the TF10 is very bassy with over-pronounced highs. Guitars and vocals get lost easily.
Quote:
I'm thinking of leaning more towards the Triple Fi's for now, Because I do like the idea of a replaceable cable. If there is a good deal on the hf5's though I'd be very inclined to pick them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back