Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jul 10, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #436 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good to hear that cos i think the ie7 is kind of lacking in the highs.. ( i've only got them for a week so i give it more time).

Yes those will lack the high end without burn in, but even after around 300 hour, the high (amazing) still can not beat some high end armature. But no armature can beat the sound stage of ie7, the only other iem that is beteer will be the big bro ie8.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #437 of 817
Any responses to whether or not these can be used for jogging (stay in place + microphonics wise)? And if these appear large or discreet when worn?

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #438 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any responses to whether or not these can be used for jogging (stay in place + microphonics wise)? And if these appear large or discreet when worn?

There's little to no microphonics (the wire is very very light) but I have no idea what would happen if sweat went through the vent on the top of the phone
(pictured here techPowerUp :: Sennheiser IE7 Review :: Page 2 / 4)...

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #439 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes those will lack the high end without burn in, but even after around 300 hour, the high (amazing) still can not beat some high end armature. But no armature can beat the sound stage of ie7, the only other iem that is beteer will be the big bro ie8.

i can't hear anything pass 18khz, i am fine with highs here

soundstage is something i would not pass up on the next purchase for certain, so there won't be any cheap alternative to the IE7 for me. probably a customed will be my next purchase if i am not getting a car.

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #440 of 817
Hey guys!

I finally got my ie7's from amazon. All this news about fakes going around are kind of making me worry if the pair I received are a legitimate pair or not. Mine does come with the case, cleaner and everything so I think I'm good to go.

First impressions on the sound are wow, the sound if ALOT fuller than the er6i's. The bottom end is more pronounced but as alot of you guys have mentioned, it does sound very undetailed. The mids and highs seem to be all mushed together but the low end is quite boomy. I guess I'll have to run them through some music for a few hours and hopefully they'll come out. 200 more hours to go? Haha, sounds quite daunting. Thanks to everyone on this thread for being so helpful.

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #442 of 817
I removed that little silver mesh out of my IE7 -> More punch in the lowend and that little bit of brilliance that was missing is now here. I'm impressed what a difference it is! So when you are looking for a way to lose your warranty go for it :wink:

Now I don't need The bassboost of the Fiio E5 anymore!

I made them custom, removed the mesh.....and the improvements are just great. The case of the IE7 is easy to open... maybe there is room for more improvements...we will see

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #443 of 817
Need a spot of help. I am using the IE7s with a GoVibe Petite USB DAC to run the music off my computer. I am also using double flanged tips - not the ones which Mark recommended from ebay. The IE7s have been "prepped" by running them in for 200+ hours.

However, the sound still is a tad bright - causing ear fatigue!!!

Can someone help? Short of taking the mesh off...

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #444 of 817
Removing the mesh will make them brighter still I should think.
With the IE7s a good seal is absolutely essential - very slight variations in tip and fit make a big difference to the sound. I could only get these to work for me with old Sony tips from my EX70s - virtually same size as the supplied Senn singles, but shinier rubber and a smoother edge to the sound hole. BUT even with them on I could never get them to stay in place without having to hold them in.
I was so dissapointed with the lack of bass when I first got my IE7s, but one full day spent lacerating my ears and experimenting with tips and fit really changed my mind. It's all there, but you have to find it!!
Eventually I changed them for the IE8s, which sound even more gorgeous to me, and are very slightly easier to fit. But these too had to go back for the same reason - they wouldn't stay in my ears no matter what.
If you can get them to stay in, then persevere - they do sound wonderful - more dark than bright. Those ebay dual flanges I found reduced the bass greatly. The foam tips muddy out everything else. These are very fussy earphones believe me.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #445 of 817
Cleaning the Tips.

the Bi-flange tips of the IE7 become very stiff with heavy usage and sharing with friends who have dirty ears.

so i took them out...run water over them..and cleaned up with cotton earbuds.

they are soft and are giving the good seal like they were new.

i listen to lot of drum heavy music these days...so nothing better than IE7.

for highs...they lack that champagne like sparkle of TF10.....but well..they are better for so many other things.

i ve been using them very roughly recently.....lent them to a friend once....he gave some mild scratches...but overall they are so tough.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #446 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by timechaser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need a spot of help. I am using the IE7s with a GoVibe Petite USB DAC to run the music off my computer. I am also using double flanged tips - not the ones which Mark recommended from ebay. The IE7s have been "prepped" by running them in for 200+ hours.

However, the sound still is a tad bright - causing ear fatigue!!!

Can someone help? Short of taking the mesh off...

hmm too bright isnt an oft reported issue but if you mod some shure olives (just decoring them so they can fit on the IE7) that will darken up the sound a bit and should calm the treble on your ears

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #447 of 817
Out of curiosity how do you all rate the IE7's in comparison to the Sennheiser MM50?

I currently have the MM50, and feel that the base is way to heavy at the expense of clarity.

Also I understand that some people have custom tips for the IE7's; is this a worthwhile addition, I know it will most most likely improve the fit but how does it affect the sound?

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #450 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjohnston /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity how do you all rate the IE7's in comparison to the Sennheiser MM50?

I currently have the MM50, and feel that the base is way to heavy at the expense of clarity.

Also I understand that some people have custom tips for the IE7's; is this a worthwhile addition, I know it will most most likely improve the fit but how does it affect the sound?

the MM50 is nowhere near the IE7. the MM50 is just CX300 with a mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back