Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jul 6, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #421 of 817
I was reading some review on the sennheiser ie line up from tomshardware and the ie6 got a 2 out 5 and both the ie7 and the ie8 got 3 out 5. how could they rate them so low? I guess no burn in.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #422 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was reading some review on the sennheiser ie line up from tomshardware and the ie6 got a 2 out 5 and both the ie7 and the ie8 got 3 out 5. how could they rate them so low? I guess no burn in.

because whoever reviewed them was obviously in a hideous car accident and only has partial hearing.

either that or a sennheiser truck just reversed over their cat

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #423 of 817
recieved my bi flange tips today.

Comfy, and a good seal. Wonderfull (How?) clarity in the mid upper end. nice.
And, i can finally hear bass guitars, something i was struggling with.

+1

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #424 of 817
i am wondering if its a good idea to sell my ie7 and upgrade it to the ie8 because i kinda need a little bit more bass and a little bit more spark on the high end. I have purchased the e5, but its not portable enough for me and beside it has a loud hiss and it interfere with my iphone.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #425 of 817
I'm very interested in purchasing these but I'm wondering how they stack up the the etymotic er-4p? How would you compare the two mark2410?

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #426 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am wondering if its a good idea to sell my ie7 and upgrade it to the ie8 because i kinda need a little bit more bass and a little bit more spark on the high end. I have purchased the e5, but its not portable enough for me and beside it has a loud hiss and it interfere with my iphone.

Did you try those BI-Flanges?

They did for me, exactly what you want.

And i am/was a big IEM tip sceptic......

Whilst i'm here, i'll recommend them again.
Wonderfull

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #427 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by podpod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very interested in purchasing these but I'm wondering how they stack up the the etymotic er-4p? How would you compare the two mark2410?

erm IE7 and ety er4 are nothing alike. 7 shallow insertion, er4 is a brain implant. 7 has deep rich full bass, er4 has v v v tight precise minimal bass. 7 is warm and rich, ety is cold and hard. 7 has gentle smooth highs, er4 has razor blade sharp, crisp highs. 7 doesnt isolate so much, er4 blocks out everything. 7 with the right tips is so soft and comfortable i could wear them all day and be fine with them, er4 about 3 hours is the most i can do before my body begins to reject the implants.

for me the 7 is far more about enjoyment than the er4 are, the er4 are all about super detail, great for critical listening but i never really relax with them on. the 7 are far more sit back and just chill.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #428 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try those BI-Flanges?

They did for me, exactly what you want.

And i am/was a big IEM tip sceptic......

Whilst i'm here, i'll recommend them again.
Wonderfull

I did, they do not fit my ear
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #429 of 817
Thanks for the reply mark, arghh that ie8 appreciation thread keeps popping up but they're so much more money than the ie7's. Where's the cheapest you've seen the ie7s for? I've been looking on amazon and see a seller selling them for a low $166.98 brand new.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #431 of 817
Can anyone tell me how well the IE7's stay in place for jogging and if there are any issues with jogging like microphonics or something?

Also, do these appear big & bulky when worn or very discreet? I'm coming from UE Super5 EB's and they're massive and the main reason I want to replace them.

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #432 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because whoever reviewed them was obviously in a hideous car accident and only has partial hearing.

either that or a sennheiser truck just reversed over their cat

Hi Mark...I just noticed you got a Nuforce Icon Mobile..I wonder how's the synergy between the icon and the IE7?

(Still burning in mine..)

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #433 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Mark...I just noticed you got a Nuforce Icon Mobile..I wonder how's the synergy between the icon and the IE7?

(Still burning in mine..)

they go quite well together i think, 7 is a warm IEM and the icon is a brightish amp, crisps up the highs quite nicely but then i havent used a wide range of amps so there could be things that go far better

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #434 of 817
Hi from a noob!

Want to thank Mark for the detailed deconstruction of the IE7 through various threads which made me go ahead and buy. I am based in Singapore so had to spend a bit more, but finished the burn-in today (200+ hours sitting on my computer) and they sound just awesome! For the moment, using the double flange tips which come with the 'phones, but looking to get the douple tip ones from ebay. Funnily - that seller, though based in Singapore - doesnt sell here.

I used to have the Shure SE210s which I loved to bits. One fine day, forgot to carry the Shures so bought the CX200. And the next time I put in the Shure, they sounded HORRIBLE!

So when I was looking for an IEM, I knew it had to be Sennheiser as I love the sound sig. Now only to find the right fitting plugs and I am set for some!!!

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #435 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they go quite well together i think, 7 is a warm IEM and the icon is a brightish amp, crisps up the highs quite nicely but then i havent used a wide range of amps so there could be things that go far better

good to hear that cos i think the ie7 is kind of lacking in the highs.. ( i've only got them for a week so i give it more time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back