Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jul 1, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #406 of 817
that sucks big time. you can open it up and see what is going on. it is really easy. you use your thumb and slide it. then put a finger nail under the space and it should open easily. i have some picture from earlier post

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #407 of 817
have you guys used the sony hybrid eartips. because the double flange doesn't fit every well. how does the sound compare to the stock. i like the stock sound

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #408 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that sucks big time. you can open it up and see what is going on. it is really easy. you use your thumb and slide it. then put a finger nail under the space and it should open easily. i have some picture from earlier post

Which picture are you talking about? Would you mind posting it?

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #409 of 817
it is on page 23 on this thread.

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #410 of 817
Oh, interesting. When I opened mine up, the green threads weren't tight, they were kinda spread out...

I was actually hoping to gain access to the nozzle, because the mesh has gotten pushed in or something, so I wanna try pushing it back out to normal. Do you know a way to get access to it?

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #411 of 817
oh you open them up! wasn't it really easy? does the driver looks the same as my? but as for the nozzle, I have no idea how to open that up. you mind posting some picture and i might be able to give you some solutions.

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #412 of 817
Quote:

have you guys used the sony hybrid eartips. because the double flange doesn't fit every well. how does the sound compare to the stock. i like the stock sound

to me it doesn't sound as good with the hybrid tips, it does fit better though, if that's all you want.

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #413 of 817
my problem with the stock double flange is that that i don't feel them. I want some feeling in the ear that i am actually wearing something. This makes me feel they are secure in my ears and not having to push it every 10 minute or so.

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #414 of 817
... Why would you want to feel it in your ear? When it's flush it'll sit flush, and you shouldn't
feel it after 10-20 min unless you are pushing it in too deep or using a tip too large. Feeling
it all the time means it pushes against your ear canal, and that's not good.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #415 of 817
hydrocyanic did you get your ie7 fixed?

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #416 of 817
Quote:

oh you open them up! wasn't it really easy? does the driver looks the same as my? but as for the nozzle, I have no idea how to open that up. you mind posting some picture and i might be able to give you some solutions.

Yeah it was really easy, and it does look the same as yours for the most part, just the wires are a bit different. The green is more "separated" and not all one wire. The weird thing is...is that I think they have kinda fixed themselves...the volume is pretty much all back in the left channel. It's still a bit lop-sided, but not enough to bother me anymore.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #417 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah it was really easy, and it does look the same as yours for the most part, just the wires are a bit different. The green is more "separated" and not all one wire. The weird thing is...is that I think they have kinda fixed themselves...the volume is pretty much all back in the left channel. It's still a bit lop-sided, but not enough to bother me anymore.

i have the exact same issue, i think is due to static.
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif
:confused_face_2 :

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #420 of 817
Mine sounded pretty awful out of the box, 2 hours later of burn in and there was quite an improvement. Im going to buy some at BB just in case mine were fake or anything I always have that suspicion. Did the same thing with the SE110s I have. Though already they are showing a nice improvement over my burned in SE110. How long does it take the IE7s to burn in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back