Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Jul 22, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #466 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious to know why you wont use pink or white noise? I used a combination of pink and white noise when I burned in my IE7's. After 200+ hours the soundstage opened up along with the treble. The midrange became clearer and more detailed.

Just fear that pink/white noise may cause some damage to them.
confused.gif

I read somewhere that sound of IE7s similar to HD 600/650s ??

Now IE7s burn-in is at 40th hour.
Just listened to them for couple of minutes and i can say that soundstage seems to have opened up a bit. I can hear layers of music having depth. Talk about music becoming 3D. But the overall experience still leaves lots to be desired. The music feels muddy with ocassional popping out of bass. Highs are non existant compared to HD 595s.
mad.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #467 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have both

if your a treble junkie then take the RE-0, if you want as much detail as possible again take the RE-0, if you want something that sounds like and etymotic yep the RE-0 is the right choice.

the 7 are much more rounded and have more bass, i feel the RE-0 really need fiio'ed and even then they still fairly bass light.

id still take the IE7

Thanks for the input. The IE7s do sound more for me, so I think I'll hold out for those. If I'm going to spend the money, I may as well get something I really want.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #468 of 817
i would buy the ie7 because its just a amazing earphone for all kind of music. its mid range and high are very well blended.

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #470 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanke1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just fear that pink/white noise may cause some damage to them.
confused.gif

I read somewhere that sound of IE7s similar to HD 600/650s ??

Now IE7s burn-in is at 40th hour.
Just listened to them for couple of minutes and i can say that soundstage seems to have opened up a bit. I can hear layers of music having depth. Talk about music becoming 3D. But the overall experience still leaves lots to be desired. The music feels muddy with ocassional popping out of bass. Highs are non existant compared to HD 595s.
mad.gif

I used pink/white noise and played it at moderately high volume and it didn't damage them. Treble was much more noticeable after 200+ hours of burn in. You might also want to try some different tips like the sony hybrids, shure e2c black softflex sleeves, and the ebay dual flange tips.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #471 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used pink/white noise and played it at moderately high volume and it didn't damage them. Treble was much more noticeable after 200+ hours of burn in. You might also want to try some different tips like the sony hybrids, shure e2c black softflex sleeves, and the ebay dual flange tips.

After 200+ hrs of burn-in ?? Are u serious ? I thought burn-in should be complete by 100hrs that no particualar change is obvious after that.

Mine are at their 50th hour of burn-in. Still no much improvement in clearity of mids and highs. Bass has become slight less boomy. But i cannot say that as i might have been used to the excessive bloated bass by now.
redface.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #472 of 817
The IE series seem to "require" a lot more burn in compared to other dynamics. It took mine about 200-250 to fully develop.

My IE7s are going back to Sennheiser to be repaired/replaced unfortunately. The left channel has half the volume of the right, and it's really annoying hearing lopsided music. Bought some ADDIEMs as back-ups, and to my surprise, they are a lot better than I was expecting.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #473 of 817
Ok guys and gals

I am nearing 80 hrs of burn in time. I can say that suddenly i am liking these more. Its hard to tell whether sq has increased, but theres a warmth in music. Highs may have improved a bit. Thats just a bit.

So finally i can start wearing them. But not reached Wow stage yet

Edit:
After 125 hrs, Soundstage is very much clear. And i think all these days i have been using ****ty ipod hardware. I plugged these in my friend's Creative Zen and difference in sq is worlds apart. Apple needs to sort their sound quality issues.
L3000.gif

But i still need to burn them in till 300 hrs

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #474 of 817
Sorry for trolling this thread but today I just got my first wow moment with IE7s. They are at 150 th burn-in hour and bass has tightened to a point I am beginning to enjoy highs and midrange again. Not sparkley but enjoyable.

I hope further burn in makes them sound better and better

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #476 of 817
I bloodylove 'em!
I got a cheapish samsung into a FIIO E5 and the 7's.
I wonder what amp will pump them up even more, but basically I am getting enough volume to annoy people on the train so that's great!!!
Such great buds for listening to snares and cymbals on.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #478 of 817
i am suddenly hear some details i missed out on my ie7 after 150-200(i lost count) hours

at first i thought it was someone outside talking to me or making noises, it wastn'!

as said before i didn't notice much change past 50-100, but it seems to be opening up again

foam tip is what i use.

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #479 of 817
I have complete opposite view. Just when I thought that I had started to enjoy IE7's more, all of a sudden the bloated bass came back again drowning the entire high frequency spectrum.
I have burned them for nearly 220 hrs now. I have reached the point where I may return them. Thoroughly disappointed. They are not complementing my Hd595's in any respect. Non existant highs and boomy, inaccurate bass are not my tastes. Heck even my freind's skullcandies are sounding slightly better.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #480 of 817
u need patient dude, the fact that the bloated bass came back simply tells u they are not yet at their peak, but still in the process of burning in. I'm sure after the whole burn in process, u'll get back ur nice music, maybe to ur surprise, even better bass than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back