Sennheiser HD439 review
Jan 10, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #151 of 167
I accidentally left my 439 blasting EDM for 2 hours while listening to speakers. I was sure they'd be toast.Nope! instead there's a noticeable improvement in bass extension!:atsmile:

May 2, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #152 of 167
I like the HD 439's but the treble is really rolled back.. I just feel the sound is not very "opened" and they lack detail in the mids and treble.. Is there any good alternative from Seenheiser for me, but keeping the amount of bass these have?

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #157 of 167
The Sennheiser HD 439s are such fun.

All the talk of burn in being important or not is not that big of a deal. At first not doing any mods I seemed to notice a smoother and more well defined bass. If that is mental burn in or physical burn in, I think it's both with physical being more of an affecting power.

Still, who cares, plug em in to something and let em go for 70 hours.

After I got a wild idea to just see where the bass mod would take them. I started with three holes open. I have never heard so much bass. Even though the mids and treble where there too, it was causing physical health issues. Too much bass causing head-aches even from an iPod device. I went to one middle hole closed and may go back and have them be just a single hole mod in the end.

Really a special headphone anyway you use them. Nice to wear and a perfect sound stage for my ears.

The long cable works great for movies, the cloth pads feel fantastic.

They start to respond a little better out of something more than a portable device but are still nice on the go.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #159 of 167
  Went back to my good old hd439 after using beyerdynamic cop for 1 week....

Amazing sound for the value on the 439's.  I love the Beyer DT 770's and was considering the Custom One's but I have read mixed reviews on them.  For anyone in the market for the Senn 400 series, there is a slickdeal which would bring the 439's to 40.94 with shipping.  This is a really great deal for headphones which have great portability, sound and comfort to boot.  The pads are definitely not what I would call plush, but they are light enough to wear for a while and almost forget I have them on.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #162 of 167
The bass on the right seems to have more impact than the left. is this normal or my headphone has problem?
could anyone help me?

It's not normal based on my experience with my two and reports from other owners, so maybe yours has a problem. I trust you've tried putting it on backwards to confirm the problem.

The amount of bass can be modified by removing tape from one or more holes behind the driver, so you may want to open them up and take a look - perhaps with a view to making a bass mod. I have one hole open on mine and was enjoying the bass on the "Interstellar" soundtrack last night.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #164 of 167
So, these sound pretty distant and muddy... I'm a little concerned. It does not seem like the mods correspond to this problem either. I hope burn in will remedy this.

They have a distant stance. Hopefully you have become more settled with the signature. It's a different animal than many headphones but the more you listen the more you can start to get used to them. I found the bass mod does get them to sound a little forward, which is against commen thoughts as you would think it could muddy them up more. I started with a single hole open, then went to two, three then back to all closed, then back to one, but now have all three open. Somehow making the screws really tight the last time seemed to attenuate the bass to less. That's something to note, the bass response also depends how tight your screws are, thus you could have only one hole open but if your headphones are not put back together tight, it could sound like three holes open. Just my experience and thoughts.:rolleyes:

May 30, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #165 of 167
I have the little brother, the 419. I like them, no complains there for the price and such, but I found them to have too much Bass Drowing the to rest of the song. It's not muddy, but it's not as tight. Great for listening on the Subway with genres like Prog Metal or so Rap, but It just don't make justice to my music as a whole. I'm going towards the big boys soon then, buying a pair of AKG 712 (My Main Star), HD600, HD598, (Already buying the HD558 with their Warmer tone), and some Shures perhaps, but I might get the 439 for a more Clean "on the move" budget use. Do you guys recommend it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back