Sennheiser HD439 review
Nov 11, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #123 of 167
i have recently purchased hd 439 two days back i found it sounding low on my devices. and it needs proper burning i think for sounding better can anybody tell me how much time is required to get potential of sound for hd 439 and do i need to get an amp saperatly to get it louder and better.i am using hd 203 and pmx 60  from one last year and i am completely satisfied with it only thing i was missing with hd 203 is the sound stage, will hd 439 beat it????

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #125 of 167
Yeah the 439 needs a bit of extra juice from portables, I have an E11 and they work well together. The 439 definitely destroys the HD203 in soundstage size, they are reasonably deep for a closed can; not quite as wide as my DT770 but depth is impressive at the price IMO.
i have recently purchased hd 439 two days back i found it sounding low on my devices. and it needs proper burning i think for sounding better can anybody tell me how much time is required to get potential of sound for hd 439 and do i need to get an amp saperatly to get it louder and better.i am using hd 203 and pmx 60  from one last year and i am completely satisfied with it only thing i was missing with hd 203 is the sound stage, will hd 439 beat it????

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #126 of 167
I've had these for a week or so now.  They seem fine to me - not great, but fine.  One thing that seems to detract from the sound quality is the soft clamping force that the OP mentioned.  When I push the headphones against my head to seal them a bit, the sound really improves (to my ears).  The bass gets punchier, and everything seems much clearer.  I find that wearing glasses while wearing the phones exacerbates the problem a bit.  Maybe I'll wrap a big rubber band around my head.

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #127 of 167
I've had my 439s for over a year. I have several others (see signature) and I still reach for them very often. They have a very good ratio of weight, comfort and sound quality. They have a smooth and non-fatiguing signature. Solid but not overbearing bass.The low extension is not the best that I have but, when I get into a good album, I don't really miss it (most of the time). Comfy for hours. They definitely improved with burn-in.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #129 of 167
I found that a pair of HD429 leatherette pads helped with this, personally. Also you may want to consider stuffing the pads, that can create a bit more clamping force.

Quote:
  I've had these for a week or so now.  They seem fine to me - not great, but fine.  One thing that seems to detract from the sound quality is the soft clamping force that the OP mentioned.  When I push the headphones against my head to seal them a bit, the sound really improves (to my ears).  The bass gets punchier, and everything seems much clearer.  I find that wearing glasses while wearing the phones exacerbates the problem a bit.  Maybe I'll wrap a big rubber band around my head.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #132 of 167
i have bought a cowon d2+
it has great sound and power as well, i have tested my hd 439 on its higher volumes the bass distorts, what would be the reason are they not burned yet properly or they need to have for a punch in bass?.. i am lacking bass in it as i  am compare to them with my hd 203.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #133 of 167
in the case of details, how much HD 439 is losing to HD 449? given the scale from 1 - 10...
i intended to buy this, but seeing I also need details of the sound (which everyone says 449 is better), i'm still considering my choice...

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #134 of 167
Try the bass mod

Quote:
  i have bought a cowon d2+
it has great sound and power as well, i have tested my hd 439 on its higher volumes the bass distorts, what would be the reason are they not burned yet properly or they need to have for a punch in bass?.. i am lacking bass in it as i  am compare to them with my hd 203.

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #135 of 167
Several months back I did the bass mod. I switched between different layouts for a few weeks, at first leaving all three holes open at first, then two and finally just the middle one. I settled with the single hole in the middle. The bass is punchy and has an amazing amount of detail, and it doesn't distort the mids or high. I also own the 380 pros and while they have slightly more details in the mids and better instrument separation, they don't come close to the modded HD439 when it comes to bass. I'd love to find way to mod the 380 pros to achieve the same punchy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back